Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make reinforced windows harder to break
Basically shit like shoes, pens, clothing, etc should do jack shit to break ANYTHING. This should alleviate one of the big annoyances with general population in security: namely about 80% of the people you put in there will immediately start smashing shit to try to get out, hop on a segway or something, and then zoom all over the brig while screaming/trying to beat up the security people who are trying to rejail them.
Why not give brig a beaker of silicate on map start.

A smart officer can then apply some on some of the windows, with the understanding that if they waste it they should ask chemistry for more.

That way rabblerousers still have a hope for escaping if security is dumb, but security can actually tighten security if they want.
The brig is supposed to have weaknesses for escape attempts.
Berrik Wrote:Basically shit like shoes, pens, clothing, etc should do jack shit to break ANYTHING.

This already happens? Smacking a window with a jumpsuit or a pair of shoes will produce a scary red message saying that they're hitting the window, but they'll be there forever. I'm not even sure if they would have a damage output in regards to breaking windows.
Honestly I've always felt reinforced windows are a bit too strong for what they are, being able to withstand explosions capable of shredding ordinary walls. As regards your complaint, I'm pretty sure said items will do basically nothing to a reinforced window. Most people break out by tossing a chair at the window repeatedly, or something along that line.
I've broken out of the brig with my shoes, I'm pretty sure. the trick is to throw them, not hold them in hand
UrsulaMejor Wrote:I've broken out of the brig with my shoes, I'm pretty sure. the trick is to throw them, not hold them in hand
This.
Throwing damage needs to be looked at, not window damage threshold.
Throwing a pen should not do any more damage that attacking someone with a pen.

In this scenario; hitting a window with a chair should be faster at breaking a window than throwing shoes at it. In the current situation chucking something at it will break it surprisingly (obnoxiously) quickly.