Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove or lighten the dim on sunglasses
As mention By Jean-Luc_Picard and I here http://forum.ss13.co/viewtopic.php?f=6&t...172#p53172. The sunglasses are so dim that it makes seeing with them on hard. With the on I have to closer to the screen then I like to properly see and it's quite frustrating seeing as I play security for the most part and sunglasses are basically needed for the job. I see what you were trying to do but you made it way too dark. You don't have to outright remove it if you guys are really attached to the idea I am just asking to at-least lower the dim by a fair amount.
Agreed, it makes looking at the screen rather painful for me.

The effect should be reduced if not removed.
Yeah the current effect is as dark as the welding mask

Its pretty much better to just to wear a welding mask since you can turn it off with a button
The effect it had on already tired eyes was unpleasant.
Scrumpys Wrote:Yeah the current effect is as dark as the welding mask

Its pretty much better to just to wear a welding mask since you can turn it off with a button
If you could push the glasses up and down onto your forehead that would be helpful
agreed with this 100%. Security/head roles are frustratingly dim now.
I-Sett Wrote:agreed with this 100%. Security/head roles are frustratingly dim now.

much like the people who play them wink

also i feel like this is a non-issue since the sunglasses are objectively the best eyewear and could use a nerf
this nerf is dumb as hell and should be reversed entirely

who thought it was a good idea to nerf sunglasses
Quote:who thought it was a good idea to nerf sunglasses

If it is indeed a nerf then all I have to say is. Are we really at the point now where we are nerfing some of the smallest things like Sunglasses?
I assumed this was just like, a stylistic thing so that you don't forget you're not wearing sunglasses. Sunglasses are mostly just so Sec has a weapon that can't be easily used against them if they lose it, right?
it legit hurts my eyes. there's a reason I don't use welding helmets
I'm glad I brought this one up, thanks for making It a legit suggestion too.

[Image: VtUvt.gif]
Dammit I did not mean to click submit !

Basically I was going to say there shouldn't be any dimming when it comes to sunglasses, I wear sunglasses and use Welding tools / masks on a weekly basis irl.

There's a huge difference, Sunglasses just take glare away, they don't necessarily make it difficult to see, especially in a well lit space station, I say remove entirely.

(Also if It's made to where you can press a button to raise and lower) Nodding your head should bring them down.

Supplementary Song.

Ya, is this new? I noticed it a few days ago. It's kind of a weird thing to add. People don't use sunglasses to block out the brightness of light (like in real life). People use sunglasses as a defense against flashes. That's why it's part of sec gear, right? So why add a dark filter on it? Just kinda annoys me.
I personally like it.

Maybe it's slightly too dark compared to the welding mask, but in the big picture I think the sunglasses could do with a bit of a drawback, if only to make you weigh your options a bit more than you had to in the past.

babayetu83 Wrote:
I-Sett Wrote:agreed with this 100%. Security/head roles are frustratingly dim now.

much like the people who play them wink
:eyepop: