Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove or lighten the dim on sunglasses
Spy_Guy Wrote:I personally like it.

If it has to stay then all I am asking is that it gets dim down a bit. It legit hurt some of our eyes.
having a big stupid screen overlay effect that dims all the lights for one of the most commonly worn items in the game is dumb
Dauntasa Wrote:having a big stupid screen overlay effect that dims all the lights for one of the most commonly worn items in the game is dumb
Much like wearing sunglasses indoors. coal

We'll lighten the dim effect a bit, though, because eyestrain is not fun.
Spy_Guy Wrote:
Dauntasa Wrote:having a big stupid screen overlay effect that dims all the lights for one of the most commonly worn items in the game is dumb

Maybe you should add some glasses that are not sunglasses but instead adaptive lens glasses somewhere that don't have a dim, somewhere like the HoS's locker and in space
Yes, please add transitions lenses. I need something to go with my sextacular fedora.
Walrus Wrote:Yes, please add transitions lenses. I need something to go with my sextacular fedora.
not transitions, adaptive lenses. there are lenses that darken in response to bright lights in order to protect your eyes, like certain welding helmets
Why not let people flip sunglasses over their head, like welding masks.
I've lightened the effect a bit but holy shit there's a lot of weird posts in here

- it's not a nerf, it's just a style thing, they darken your screen now because they're SUNGLASSES
- it was not as dark as welding masks, it was twice the brightness of them (0.3 vs 0.6)

chill yo

I've upped the number to 0.8
eyestrain people, tell me if this is better
Haine Wrote:- it's not a nerf, it's just a style thing, they darken your screen now because they're SUNGLASSES
it's a nerf because it makes it harder to see things

like in dim light you might as well be blind, at least for me
wow it's harder to see in dim light when wearing sunglasses??? gosh what a strange and absurd concept that is unique to ss13
Haine Wrote:wow it's harder to see in dim light when wearing sunglasses??? gosh what a strange and absurd concept that is unique to ss13
"wearing this item now makes it harder to see and thus the item is worse, but this isn't a nerf because ????????????????"
anyway nobody is saying "sunglasses make your vision dim? That makes no sense and has no basis in reality"

look at it this way: have you ever seen anyone actually wear a welding mask down for any appreciable length of time in this game? I never have even though it protects people from flashbangs and flashes and shit and seems like a really good item to have. No people just put them on to weld things and then whip them off immediately because you can't see shit when you're wearing them unless you wanna squint and hurt your eyes or your monitor's brightness settings go up to "surface of the sun". so taking an item that people have grown accustomed to leaving on their face every round, which many jobs start with, and adding that same effect(albeit somewhat less severe) to it is not going to be the most popular idea.
The lighten dim is much better. But it would still be better if this was removed it's just a big annoyance added to one of the most used items. Sorry for my rudeness but why do sunglasses need a realistic element added to them?
lightened dim is tolerable. I'll get used to it
Spy_Guy Wrote:

I can understand that wearing sunglasses indoors is dumb, but from a gameplay standpoint, you need to wear sunglasses to not die.

I would very much prefer to not have to wear sunglasses, especially now, but that's just the way the game is.