Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prevent Owl Masks from allowing hootgibbing when unconcious
Some people wear owl masks as a way to say FUCK YOU to a changeling, traitor, or whoever else is murderizing them. The problem is that even if unconcious they can hootgib and take away a kill from the bad guy. No loot, no DNA, nothing but an owl.

It's pretty powergamey and should probably go.
Alternatively, make hootgib owls absorbable.
It's still destroying their belongings. They should drop their stuff with them too.

The fedora doesn't let you do this, why does the owl mask?
It's supposed to be funny. People that do this annoying tactic suck all the fun and humor out of it. Just let the bad guy kill you like a normal player, you jerks.
Yeah this should probably be changed. It was fun the first few times now alot of people are doing it. I was one of the people who would do this and it was funny the first few times and lead to some funny situations for the changeling. But now its starting to get out of hand and is just a giant FUCK YOU to the person who killed you fair and square.
Alternatively, keep hootgibbing in but make it an adminhelpable offence if you gib on purpose to fuck with antags.

losing the ability to hoot into a little named owl on other instances is a waste, I believe.
Ali0en Wrote:It's still destroying their belongings. They should drop their stuff with them too.

The fedora doesn't let you do this, why does the owl mask?
Yeah, that too. Forgot about that.

In fact, it should be easier to absorb an owl like this. Have the changeling just unhinge it's jaw and swallow it whole.
Are owls like martians/monkeys/etc?

Might be kind of funny if a ling could turn into an owl and then just hide out in owlry for a while, stinging and absorbing dudes who go inside. But then Owls don't have arms and couldn't possibly absorb. They have wings.

I do like the idea of turning into an owl just so that the ling who absorbs you has a kinda useless owl form though. They don't lose an absorb but they don't really gain a new identity. That might be just as powergamey though.
Ok. Gonna make it so unconscious people can't hootgib. Or fedoragib, but I'm not sure if that's as much of an issue.
Spy_Guy Wrote:Ok. Gonna make it so unconscious people can't hootgib. Or fedoragib, but I'm not sure if that's as much of an issue.
Fedoragibbing relies on an emote so it shouldn't work at all while unconscious.
also I fixed this before you could, owned B)