Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Escape shuttle decompression via building = Bad
I-Sett Wrote:It seems to be specific to building walls in certain locations in rooms. Building one in one spot: Fine. Building in one spot over: Deadly.
It's almost like walls are blocking invisible air vents. And somehow prevent oxygen from reaching certain areas. The north side of mechanics is one such spot. Western wall in the main hallway south of research entrance is another (just above the vending machines). It's bizarre.

Has this happened recently?
Spy_Guy Wrote:
I-Sett Wrote:It seems to be specific to building walls in certain locations in rooms. Building one in one spot: Fine. Building in one spot over: Deadly.
It's almost like walls are blocking invisible air vents. And somehow prevent oxygen from reaching certain areas. The north side of mechanics is one such spot. Western wall in the main hallway south of research entrance is another (just above the vending machines). It's bizarre.

Has this happened recently?

Within the past month. I'll jump on and see if it's still a thing and report back.
I've had the experience of magically snuffing out a big fire while trying to wall it off before. Not sure how recent or in the past that was though.
Yea, with some brief experimentation I was unable to recreate it today so I guess it's fixed? Also it seems the escape shuttle area is permanently oxygenated now even without the shuttle there? I'm not sure that's a problem, but it's a little strange:
[Image: JvEOnlk.png]

Hell of a lot better than freezing and suffocating inside the shuttle though, that's for damn sure.
I had this happen a few weeks ago when I was fortifying AI Upload.
As of last round, this is still a problem.
Roomba Wrote:As of last round, this is still a problem.

Shuttle decompression, air-devouring walls or both?
Shuttle decompression, dunno about the walls.
For those curious: This is a long-standing issue with the current atmos/air code. Simply put, the atmos code is a pile of shit and likes to freak the fuck out at the slightest opportunity.

It is also almost undecipherable mess which means it might take a while to fix. A rewrite is in progress but yeah, ~eventually~.
At first I pondered the "ask folks nicely to not build shit in escape", then realized this would have the opposite effect.

This should work better.