Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Infinite Boomerang Spam
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:Is the boomerang an instastun, or is it just stamina damage? Also, I'm starting to agree that maybe a throw cooldown wouldn't go amiss.

Instastun, but for a very short time.

Actually, a really cool use if we're going down a different use of the boomering would be instead of instastun, that it should disarm an opponent instead.
Sundance Wrote:
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:Is the boomerang an instastun, or is it just stamina damage? Also, I'm starting to agree that maybe a throw cooldown wouldn't go amiss.

Instastun, but for a very short time.

Actually, a really cool use if we're going down a different use of the boomering would be instead of instastun, that it should disarm an opponent instead.

Also: it should be able to grab rupees and bring them over to you from a distance.

Really though, I like the disarm idea a lot. It's always nice when a traitor item is useful for something other than Buy -> Stun lock -> Murder Spree. And everyone loves to kill a guard or target with their own stolen item.
Who gives a shit? I'll throw my shoes at someone until they croak.
APARTHEID Wrote:Who gives a shit? I'll throw my shoes at someone until they croak.
Until they pick your shoes up and run away.

Then throw some glass at you out of spite.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
APARTHEID Wrote:Who gives a shit? I'll throw my shoes at someone until they croak.
Until they pick your shoes up and run away.

Then throw some glass at you out of spite.

MONSTERS! \ GONK /
I'm not against boomerang in its current form but I do think the idea of using it disarm/steal items is even cooler and sets it apart.
It sounds fine for me for the boomerang to be really good since you need to wear a special outfit, but if it's only good because of some exploity trick relying on non-obvious game mechanics, then perhaps that should be changed, because most traitor items don't come with a user manual. I feel like "strap them to a chair to turn it from a stun weapon to an instant murder tool" is the sort of thing a new player is unlikely to naturally figure out on their own through gameplay, and it seems like it's completely undocumented and the only ways to learn about it are through word-of-mouth or seeing it done enough times to realize what the hell is going on.
If it's an issue, why not change the boomerang to deal stamina damage rather than insta-stun? You can still do the thing with chairs and throw spam, but it takes more effort as you have to land more blows to knock your opponent down, and it can also be combated with stimulants.
Paineframe Wrote:Stuff
Gee paineframe, that's the longest way to explain an "exploit" ever.

DyssalC Wrote:If it's an issue, why not change the boomerang to deal stamina damage rather than insta-stun? You can still do the thing with chairs and throw spam, but it takes more effort as you have to land more blows to knock your opponent down, and it can also be combated with stimulants.

It's not a matter of throw, hit, throw. It's more like throw, hit hit hit hit hit hit hit hit, etc.
When you strap someone down, whatever way this works, it's like a machine gun.
It wouldn't matter if it drained your stamina because it would do that in about ~2 seconds. Couple that with the damage, it's no different than the insta-stun.

I think the central issue here is that the boomerang was meant to be a secondary weapon in the safari pack and how now become the sole reason to buy the safari pack. This is down to two things:
1) This exploit
2) The fact that the syndicate tranq ammo is pitifully weak. People will fall asleep yes, but for a surprisingly short time. I shot a dude as MD, dragged him somewhere and 1 minute later I found him yelling on the radio.

Re-balance 1 and 2. Make 2 stronger and 1 weaker or different.
the boomerang is the primary reason have the safari kit, not ghee secondary. after all, it's a common surplus crate item and the average person to use it is NOT the MD
The faster you spam the boomerang now the higher the likelyhood it will clonk you on the head on its way back.

You don't want this to happen.
Spy_Guy Wrote:The faster you spam the boomerang now the higher the likelyhood it will clonk you on the head on its way back.

there's a zero percent chance if you do it sufficiently slowly, yes?
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
Spy_Guy Wrote:The faster you spam the boomerang now the higher the likelyhood it will clonk you on the head on its way back.

there's a zero percent chance if you do it sufficiently slowly, yes?

Yes. Throw it once per ~2 seconds and you're safe. Any faster than that and you're gonna start ramping up the risk proportional to how much faster you're throwing it.