Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Infinite Boomerang Spam
The boomerang traitor item that comes with the safari kit can currently be spammed to kill someone in seconds, it might need toning down a little.
Needs to be in suggestions, but other than that just make it do 0 damage, problem solved.
To be more specific, it can be spammed like this when someone is buckled into a chair, but with rolling chairs that makes the boomerang really tough to deal with.
FloozyBarge Wrote:Needs to be in suggestions, but other than that just make it do 0 damage, problem solved.
how is making a traitor item not do damage a solution.
Bullets can be spammed to kill someone in seconds. Traitor melee weapons can be spammed to kill someone in seconds. Vuvuzela noises can be spammed to force someone into killing themselves in seconds. I don't see the issue, here.
Yeah, if anything this is working as intended. Safari kit users are actually frowned upon if they don't carry a chair with them.
I feel that the boomerang is powerful enough with essentially being a ranged stun baton without also having the damage output of a c-saber.
The Boomerang only stuns when wearing the safari costume, is just as obvious as the c saber in a different manner, can only be spammed on people propped up in chairs and can be caught and disposed of by anyone quick enough to react to it. When you hear rapid-fire *THWACK* noises in the distance, you become 99% certain that a boomerang safari nerd is doing this exact tactic. The stun from a boomerang is VERY SHORT compared to other traitor items, such as the spacker and the c saber, and its lethal potential is conditional.

I see no reason to remove this. It's got plenty of factors that outweigh how lethal this tactic is.
Eh whatever, it's not a hill I'm willing to die on. Still seems like a weird unintended side effect of how the item works though.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:Bullets can be spammed to kill someone in seconds. Traitor melee weapons can be spammed to kill someone in seconds. Vuvuzela noises can be spammed to force someone into killing themselves in seconds. I don't see the issue, here.

None of those are fucking infinite. Neither of those objects can be be thrown either. Throwing and shooting are two total different mechanics.
Throwing something has a much higher chance of connecting with said object. Think the butcher knife. Now imagine the butcher knife comes back to you every time you throw it. Sure it doesn't do much damage but now players can just hold shift to throw (if you're are wasd superior race) and run into a room and take out the entire room.
Alot of you's didn't consider that this tactic is also used combined with a stun baton. Quick stun everybody and then keep em stunned, strap them to the chair, executed. Anyone who try's to stop you, hold shift and click click click until their downed, stun, repeat ad infinitum.

If this how it's meant to work, then fuck this item.
[23:40] (MollyMillions1) buy a detomatix
[23:40] (MollyMillions1) cuff a guy to a chair
[23:40] (MollyMillions1) throw it at him until he dies

I think this says everything that needs to be said about this topic. I think we can safely close it now.
In other words: If you've gotten cuffed to a chair by an antagonist and there's no one in the vicinity to save you, you're dead no matter what they're using.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:[23:40] (MollyMillions1) buy a detomatix
[23:40] (MollyMillions1) cuff a guy to a chair
[23:40] (MollyMillions1) throw it at him until he dies

I think this says everything that needs to be said about this topic. I think we can safely close it now.

confused
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:In other words: If you've gotten cuffed to a chair by an antagonist and there's no one in the vicinity to save you, you're dead no matter what they're using.

Except that to kill someone with a boomerang in this way is the work of mere seconds, any other way requires either extensive preparation or a good deal more time, giving people nearby a chance to react and do something about it. Adding a short cooldown or even just stopping the boomerang from being thrown in melee range would put the boomerang back in line with other syndicate weapons.
Is the boomerang an instastun, or is it just stamina damage? Also, I'm starting to agree that maybe a throw cooldown wouldn't go amiss.