Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dr. Assistant hits the disposal unit and flops in!
I was thinking that if more things worked like slamming into vending machines, the station would be a more cartoonishly chaotic Rube Goldberg machine. Disposals could be expanded a bit, they are very complicated when you actually get in the pipes, but the disposal units themselves are quite old and dated!

I am proposing two point seventy-six things in this thread:

1. Let people throw things into the trash from across the room!

Basketball makes everything better! I think the reason people never throw out litter is because you actually need to go to the disposal unit itself and put it in. This is boring! Disposals should become a death cannon of trash whenever a pipe in a hall bursts! Other servers have this, and it's fun as hell. Throw something at a disposals unit, and it should either bounce off, or fall inside! Great for trash basketball games too.

2. Make disposal units with stuff in them flush automatically after a certain amount of time.

This is such bullshit as it stands. If you dunk a body in the disposals unit, it is actually MORE likely to be found and cloned if you flush the thing and the crusher happens to be closed like it usually is! Not only would this balance the whole system a bit more, it would make hiding in the trash more nerve wracking and risky as a thing to do as a crime. Mostly though, this would work together with the first suggestion to make a more conveniently unsafe system of death traps than what currently hardly ever kills.

3. Somewhat unrelated, but if you fly into disposals via nasty slip/Segway/graviton accelerator accident, you should have a chance to fall into the thing, and an even smaller chance to kick the activation switch.

Again, more things should act like vending machines, because vending machines are funny, and aren't usually very skullcrushy unless provoked in a hilarious clusterfuck so they don't get old. If you do the same flying shindig towards a disposals unit, it should do what I described above. This could lead to some funny slapstick stuff with the other two ideas mentioned in the thread.
"Today, we're gonna take a look at the new automatized disposal units with Dr. Assistant... [silence] I though he was in the disposal unit, but he left us."
phart Wrote:1. Let people throw things into the trash from across the room!

Basketball makes everything better! I think the reason people never throw out litter is because you actually need to go to the disposal unit itself and put it in. This is boring! Disposals should become a death cannon of trash whenever a pipe in a hall bursts! Other servers have this, and it's fun as hell. Throw something at a disposals unit, and it should either bounce off, or fall inside! Great for trash basketball games too.
big grin
phart Wrote:2. Make disposal units with stuff in them flush automatically after a certain amount of time.

This is such bullshit as it stands. If you dunk a body in the disposals unit, it is actually MORE likely to be found and cloned if you flush the thing and the crusher happens to be closed like it usually is! Not only would this balance the whole system a bit more, it would make hiding in the trash more nerve wracking and risky as a thing to do as a crime. Mostly though, this would work together with the first suggestion to make a more conveniently unsafe system of death traps than what currently hardly ever kills.
Jury's still out on this one.

phart Wrote:3. Somewhat unrelated, but if you fly into disposals via nasty slip/Segway/graviton accelerator accident, you should have a chance to fall into the thing, and an even smaller chance to kick the activation switch.

Again, more things should act like vending machines, because vending machines are funny, and aren't usually very skullcrushy unless provoked in a hilarious clusterfuck so they don't get old. If you do the same flying shindig towards a disposals unit, it should do what I described above. This could lead to some funny slapstick stuff with the other two ideas mentioned in the thread.
Demonology 101