Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How come AI's lost VOX?
What caused the 2 minute cool down AI VOX command to be removed?

Just curious, I noticed It was added late last year so I missed It.

Were AI's just incredible annoying?
A thread was actually posted about this a while back with multiple people asking the same question. It was eventually concluded by most who posted there that giving the AI VOX back as a test run to see if they wouldn't be terrible with it wouldn't be that bad of an idea, but the thread lost steam for unknown reasons.
Most of the time it was either not used or used improperly, ie johnson inspection announcements. In reality the badmins just wanted a VOX monopoly. All players are for it returning to AI's with a time cooldown and word count restraints but no admins/coders really commented on it.
Hmm, I don't think I should bring it up again then haha.

I've already got quite a few suggestion posts and people are likely sick of my name everywhere.

However Vox has always made me laugh so If someone does see this who can be bothered to go pump some life into the other thread, I'd welcome it.
Personally I'm fine with the AI having VOX, it's just a matter of remembering to actually add it instead of other stuff. Spy and I are talking about it a bit, we'll see if we can get something set up.
I mean I'll probably forget and wander back to making medical stuff but hopefully he'll remember
or he'll forget too and then we're all just fucked
Haine Wrote:Personally I'm fine with the AI having VOX, it's just a matter of remembering to actually add it instead of other stuff. Spy and I are talking about it a bit, we'll see if we can get something set up.
I mean I'll probably forget and wander back to making medical stuff but hopefully he'll remember
or he'll forget too and then we're all just fucked

One of the suggestions was to give the VOX a physical presence in-game that would allow Heads/roboticists to enable/disable it depending on how the AI was using it. Perhaps a console in the radio room near the announcement machine ?
I swear haine if you forget about this I will do something probably bad

maybe
Oh yeah, I remember the VOX Voicebox Console idea. That was a neat one.
Ali0en Wrote:In reality the badmins just wanted a VOX monopoly.

This is dumb reasoning. ^
Haine Wrote:Spy and I are talking about it a bit, we'll see if we can get something set up.

[Image: tumblr_ll6nf7icMh1qhct8go1_500.gif]

Yeahhhhhh? big grin
GorillaMyDreams Wrote:
Ali0en Wrote:In reality the badmins just wanted a VOX monopoly.

This is dumb reasoning. ^
Don't you try to hide the truth!
After a bit more discussion Spy and I've now moved to the negative side of "maybe", so don't hold your breath on either of us adding it atm (also please stop yelling at me about it every time you see me frown )
The vox conspiracy is real.
I feel like a player controlled VOX would get run into the ground very fast. Regardless of any restrictions
Ed Venture Wrote:I feel like a player controlled VOX would get run into the ground very fast. Regardless of any restrictions

It's sad to say that this is overly true.