Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annoying things I have noticed when I observe as a ghost.
So whenever I observe the disk or the wraith I cannot hear what other people are saying.(besides other people in deadchat are saying) make a simple change so we can hear what is going on when we don't want to follow the wraith around manually.
This also happens sometimes when you're still in your corpse. You've died but still all you can hear is the "You hear a faint sound" message that you get when ghosts are talking near you.
I'm fairly certain that this is a BYOND problem in general. The disc does not have ears, so it cannot hear. Similarly, I think the wraith uses the same perspective as ghosts, so observing it as a ghost gets weird.
Nah it's definitely an problem with our observe code, not byond. Admins have a command that simply sticks you inside the thing you want to observe and it has none of those issues. I might give players an option like that too, I suppose.
Haine Wrote:Nah it's definitely an problem with our observe code, not byond. Admins have a command that simply sticks you inside the thing you want to observe and it has none of those issues. I might give players an option like that too, I suppose.
Observe the station from the perspective of a toolbox!