Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Killing Mind Slave Implants
Roomba Wrote:] otherwise you might as well say every melee weapon is basically identical.
any melee weapon guaranteed to stun is basically identical, I have said this before
Strongly believing something and repeating it a lot doesn't make it true.
Roomba Wrote:Strongly believing something and repeating it a lot doesn't make it true.

It is true, though.
Dauntasa Wrote:
DyssalC Wrote:You have to make poisons
alternatively you can put a beaker in a chem dispenser and then mash the radium, plasma, mercury and, if I remember correctly, fluorine buttons until you have a beaker full of base chemicals that nevertheless will melt people from the inside out

this takes like ten seconds and there's one of them in the fucking bar
IT's still cheaper than a pen. It still takes less effort. It's still more reliable. It's still quieter.

If you can't dispute these points I suggest you reevaluate your views, because you seem to be repeating yourself over and over again despite everybody telling you and showing you how wrong you are, and it's just bringing the whole discussion to a halt because of your inability to acknowledge how wrong you actually are.
I was killed during this round and in the same manner. While I mourn the loss of an experiment I had going on (healing chems in the deepfryer!), I do not begrudge the man his target nor his method. I've killed people in a similar manner in the past - though I wasn't clever enough to reuse the implant. I'd seen the implant reused before, but never thought of it in that manner and I must say that it was interesting if anticlimactic. If it gets out of hand, maybe it'll need a change but until that time I'd honestly say it should just be left alone.
why can the implant be reused in the first place? it seems like a bug.
I guess these shouldn't be an infinitely reusable derringer.

Knee jerk reaction would be to make them not reusable. That'd fuck with traitors who mindslave some dude who turns out to be a cluwne irl, though.

I suppose people being chumps about getting mindslaved should be adminhelped anyway.

Multi-faceted issue. Let's hear some opinions on this instead of a derail about the sleepypen.
This is utterly shit, but unfortunately this has been happening since the introduction of mindslave implant.

It's dandy if you want to implant someone, tell them to kill themselves. That's actually fine, said person may of been a target. It being re-usable is a problem. But comparing this to any sort of other traitor item is whack. The person is at your complete and utter mercy. It has a small inhand sprite, and the person will literally follow you into a dark room where you can tell him to kill himself. You can even make him walk to the gibber and ask him to gib themselves. No traitor item has this power, and it's not the intention of the item.

Perhaps a happy medium IS make the mindslave re-usuable, but only have a 1 time re-use, just incase you get a shitler as a mindslave, this would eliminate this shit behavior and keep in mind what spy guy said.
Sundance Wrote:This is utterly shit, but unfortunately this has been happening since the introduction of mindslave implant.

It's dandy if you want to implant someone, tell them to kill themselves. That's actually fine, said person may of been a target. It being re-usable is a problem. But comparing this to any sort of other traitor item is whack. The person is at your complete and utter mercy. It has a small inhand sprite, and the person will literally follow you into a dark room where you can tell him to kill himself. You can even make him walk to the gibber and ask him to gib themselves. No traitor item has this power, and it's not the intention of the item.

Perhaps a happy medium IS make the mindslave re-usuable, but only have a 1 time re-use, just incase you get a shitler as a mindslave, this would eliminate this shit behavior and keep in mind what spy guy said.

Thats still two kills for low TC, it would be better to just have an admin give you another one for the rare instance where the guy you implanted is not obeying than leave any re-usability.
The problem here is, what if some dud goes afk or commits suicide without your premission just to fuck your traitor round up.

How about having it when a person try's to use the suicide verb it breaks the mindslave implant making it un-reusable because the brain fights so hard to resist and survive, it causes the thing to malfuction and break (This also means when a person commits suicide, he DOESN'T have to succumb but can yell out for help)

This means the traitors have to put a bit of effort in killing a mindslave in a way where he can retrieve the implant while leaving some openings for a wily mindslave to mess with his master
Spy_Guy Wrote:I guess these shouldn't be an infinitely reusable derringer.

Knee jerk reaction would be to make them not reusable. That'd fuck with traitors who mindslave some dude who turns out to be a cluwne irl, though.

I suppose people being chumps about getting mindslaved should be adminhelped anyway.

Multi-faceted issue. Let's hear some opinions on this instead of a derail about the sleepypen.

In my admittedly limited experience, mindslaves being shitlers are generally ahelped instead of their master physically digging out the implant from them. The few cases where mindslave implants are reused are generally along these lines:

- Mindslave has bullets in him, master digs them out and reimplants him.

-the master just needs someone's ID/stuff, or the Mindslave to accomplish a simple task, and once that's done he tells the dude to suicide, digs it out and uses on someone more capable.

-The mindslave is wearing off on the first guy, so the master tells them to blow themselves up/rampage or something, then recovers it from their corpse and implants it in another dude, to get the most bang for their buck.

-The Mindslave/suicide/recover implant rampage being discussed here.

I think there's still space for the first few scenarios, so maybe cutting it down to a maximum of one reuse would be fine. Or have an extremely high chance of failure the more you try to recycle it.

And I dunno, there's lots of ways to order a dude to kill himself through a Mindslave implant, I don't think the 'suicide/succumb' bit should be the bit under debate here (although it is a fairly boring use of the implant). The issue is more of the implant providing unlimited, unresistable kills for the duration of the implant.
Yeah, honestly It just shouldn't be reusable at all.

But getting someone to suicide themselves should be a liable option.

Still a dick move. But liable.
Quote:Thats still two kills for low TC, it would be better to just have an admin give you another one for the rare instance where the guy you implanted is not obeying than leave any re-usability.

Again comparing it to another traitor item for killing purposes is whack (as the intention of the implant is not to murder someone), but for the sake of the argument, a 2 TC derringer can point-blank an unarmored dude dead in one shot, and can kill heavily armored dude dead in two. That and it can be hidden and quickly drawn.

A 3 TC mindslave implanter if used for the purposes of killing someone if it only had 1 re-use would a terrible waste of an implanter, as it would be far more useful to actually have the mindslave actually kill someone, and would discourage this kind of unfun behavior while still being able to dig it out incase the mindslave is awful.
Why not start showing the names of implants when they're in their case? That way if you're cutting it out of people it'll be more obvious.
pizzatiger Wrote:The problem here is, what if some dud goes afk or commits suicide without your premission just to fuck your traitor round up.

How about having it when a person try's to use the suicide verb it breaks the mindslave implant making it un-reusable because the brain fights so hard to resist and survive, it causes the thing to malfuction and break (This also means when a person commits suicide, he DOESN'T have to succumb but can yell out for help)

This means the traitors have to put a bit of effort in killing a mindslave in a way where he can retrieve the implant while leaving some openings for a wily mindslave to mess with his master
I like this myself.