Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Killing Mind Slave Implants
I'm not sure If I'm meant to blank names out, but I don't think with this It's a problem

Basically people running around with Mind Slave Implants, Implanting people, asking them to suicide on the spot and then cutting it out and doing it to someone else.

After I died the whole dead chat lights up about how terrible it is, and how it shouldn't be allowed, not against the rules, but it shouldn't actually be possible to do this.

It ruins the round for everyone involved, I'd rather die to a changeling 1 minute in.

[Image: 5af0c25918.png]
Agreed. Probably shouldn't be reusable.
Jean-Luc_Picard Wrote:I'm not sure If I'm meant to blank names out, but I don't think with this It's a problem

Basically people running around with Mind Slave Implants, Implanting people, asking them to suicide on the spot and then cutting it out and doing it to someone else.

After I died the whole dead chat lights up about how terrible it is, and how it shouldn't be allowed, not against the rules, but it shouldn't actually be possible to do this.

It ruins the round for everyone involved, I'd rather die to a changeling 1 minute in.

literally no different from any other means of killing someone other than being more cumbersome and less reliable

basically an e-sword if every time you stabbed someone with it it buried itself in their chest and you had to spend 30 seconds digging it back out

you are only mad because for 5 seconds you thought you were about to have a traitor round
you are complaining that a traitor killed you with a traitor item

wow that definitely shouldn't be allowed, you're right
As someone killed in that round via that method, it didn't bother me. I was more disappointed I didn't get to do some funny mind-slave murder/suicide action. (I mean he let me arrest another player he was after, at least it was something).

And hey, in the end he got caught. And I think I know a strategy to avoid this happening to me again.
A reusable melee guaranteed kill, costs 3 TCs, and is totally silent? Probably not what is intended in the spirit of the item. Sabers and wrasslebelts make copious amounts of noise.

If you want to assassinate people in close range without much noise, use the derringer.
Dauntasa Wrote:
Jean-Luc_Picard Wrote:I'm not sure If I'm meant to blank names out, but I don't think with this It's a problem

literally no different from any other means of killing someone other than being more cumbersome and less reliable

basically an e-sword if every time you stabbed someone with it it buried itself in their chest and you had to spend 30 seconds digging it back out

you are only mad because for 5 seconds you thought you were about to have a traitor round

It costs less than half the cost, kills in a single hit with less chance of detection and has practically unlimited uses for twenty-five minutes. If you don't see the difference you're being willfully dense. If you don't believe the crew has any role saving lying down and dying for traitors that's fine, but don't act like that's the only legitimate viewpoint worth having.

Like Grayshift suggests, I think just making mindslave implants unreusable would be a good solution.
Grayshift Wrote:A reusable melee guaranteed kill, costs 3 TCs, and is totally silent?

huh what other item fits that description?

oh yeah, a sleepypen
This is why we can't have nice things: people run good stuff into the ground to win. Why should you be able to get mind slave implants back anyway? You should have to pick your mindslaves carefully. Unless it's gonna cost more this needs to be changed since it's only going to lead to crummy unfun abuse like this.
Dauntasa Wrote:you are complaining that a traitor killed you with a traitor item

wow that definitely shouldn't be allowed, you're right

I'm not complaining I was killed by a traitor item.

I'm complaining that said traitor item is totally reusable, instantly injects and completely silent... did I mention reusable ?

Waffles64 Wrote:As someone killed in that round via that method, it didn't bother me. I was more disappointed I didn't get to do some funny mind-slave murder/suicide action. (I mean he let me arrest another player he was after, at least it was something).

And hey, in the end he got caught. And I think I know a strategy to avoid this happening to me again.

I'm curious to hear your strategy.

I also like what Grayshift says about it not being in the spirit of the item, being able to mind control people is an awesome idea, and is awesome in action, but in my opinion this is exploitative.
Dauntasa Wrote:
Grayshift Wrote:A reusable melee guaranteed kill, costs 3 TCs, and is totally silent?

oh yeah, a sleepypen

A sleepypen:

-is more expensive

-does not come loaded with infinite ammo that instantly kills the victim with no chance to cry for help.

None of these analogies hold water, and backing them up with personal attacks and insults isn't helping your case.
Dauntasa Wrote:

oh yeah, a sleepypen
Except that requires effort. You have to make poisons or spend TC and gamble on poisons if you're the right job. Also, the victim can attempt to save themselves if the poison is weak enough. It also costs 5 TC by itself, with an additional 1TC per poison bottle if you get a poison bottle.

The mindslave is cheaper, quieter, more reliable, and easier to use.

So no they're not the same thing. You're 100% wrong. Who would've thought that one thing and another thing were different? Weird.
Roomba Wrote:A sleepypen:

-is more expensive

-does not come loaded with infinite ammo that instantly kills the victim with no chance to cry for help.

None of these analogies hold water, and backing them up with personal attacks and insults isn't helping your case.
It is one crystal more expensive(or maybe 2 now).

Can be loaded with ammo that does that in under a minute. Is actually silent to the degree that you can kill someone with it and other people in the same room will not notice as opposed to jabbing them with a very obvious message and then saying "KILL YOURSELF". Can be used twice by itself plus more with reserve beakers to reload it and does not require you to perform ghetto surgery to dig it out of someone's gaping chest wound.

In short, they accomplish exactly the same thing, which is to say "poke someone once and they are effectively already dead", but the thing you are not complaining about is vastly more effective for a slightly higher price.
DyssalC Wrote:You have to make poisons
alternatively you can put a beaker in a chem dispenser and then mash the radium, plasma, mercury and, if I remember correctly, fluorine buttons until you have a beaker full of base chemicals that nevertheless will melt people from the inside out

this takes like ten seconds and there's one of them in the fucking bar
Said mix can be mitigated with antitoxins, and doesn't give the victim absolutely no chance of surviving or even naming their attacker. A mix like that is possible, but certainly not a ten-second mash buttons at the bar thing. You can't shrug off every difference as trivial, otherwise you might as well say every melee weapon is basically identical.