Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Syndicate Sunglasses
I don't know if this is directly a bug or something, seems more like an oversight or something but eh, thought I'd bring it up anyway.
If you're a syndicate traitor and you wear sunglasses to identify traitors, it also identifies changelings (And presumably Vampires) as other syndicate. This has led to me putting myself alone in a small, out of the way room with a changeling that I invited there with the intention of teaming up as syndicates. Instead I get acid to the face.
I don't know if this is a bug, an oversight due to how rare a situation it is or intentional but I thought I'd bring it up anyway.
If it is intentional I think the symbol should at least be changed so I know that the person I'm trying to recruit will most likely spit acid at me and consume my inner most fluids.
Readster Wrote:If it is intentional I think the symbol should at least be changed so I know that the person I'm trying to recruit will most likely spit acid at me and consume my inner most fluids.

This cannot work for obvious reasons
or just make it only identify other traitors.

Or not at all, it's a crutch anyway.
Yeah I was thinking something like that. I'd rather think they're not a syndie rather than think they are and corner myself. Maybe I should stop trying to team up with other traitors.
I use it to kill the other traitors. *shrug
I've led a fellow traitor into a quiet corner of the station before to discuss dastardly tratoir-y things, only to find that the round is mixed and my face is full of acid.

It kind of comes with the territory. If you trust other no good traitors, you can get burned. But at the same time, if you encounter and try to even cautiously engage a changeling thinking it's a traitor, then you will almost definitely get a one-shot surprise by the changeling's magical homing spit and then eaten.
I once found a changeling this way and teamed up with him. I got him meat, and he did not kill me. It all worked out well.