Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stealth Weapon
Some time ago, someone suggested "Oddjob's Hat" as a traitor item. I've been mulling over how this might be implemented in-game, and what I've come up with is, essentially, a (slightly? significantly? not at all?) weaker version of the syndicate dagger that can be disguised as another object, in the same fashion as Stealth Storage. It would be an... adequate melee weapon (not nearly as strong a c-saber, closer to a fire extinguisher), but it's real strength is that it stuns and has a chance to de-limb when thrown - with the obvious downside that you then have to walk over to your victim, and pick it up before they or a bystander can. The disguise feature is not only practical (all but the most thorough security searches won't discover it as it only inflicts damage when used in harm intent, and if disguised properly it's likely to be returned by security afterwards), but has limitless gimmick potential. Imagine the possibilities: Bopping someone a few times with a 'toy sword' then switching to harm intent and murdering them, or going on a rampage with John Q. Pubbie's prized rubber duck, not to mention the nearly unlimited mileage a clown could get out of it - these are just a few examples. I'm hazy on a few specific details, TC cost being the biggest one; I'm thinking 7 but would love feedback over whether this is too low, too high, whatever. Does this sound like something worthwhile, or is a bad idea for some obvious reason I'm not seeing?
Hah, I always wanted to murder people with that toy sword by swapping it with a c-saber, with this that'd be pretty much what I'd want.
Syndicate Label Machine. Lets you actually change the names of things instead of "<Name>(Label Text)".