Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
allow light cyborg parts to be reinforced
the option would sure be nice
adding metal to light borg parts should turn them into normal borg parts
No to the original. Light Borg's are a pain to catch because they're so fast. They don't need armor, hence being light.

I'm all for allowing them to become normal Borg's though.
Pigbear1 Wrote:adding metal to light borg parts should turn them into normal borg parts

This seems like the most logical solution.
Ali0en Wrote:No to the original. Light Borg's are a pain to catch because they're so fast. They don't need armor, hence being light.

I'm all for allowing them to become normal Borg's though.

well, braniac, the idea here would that you would be sacrificing speed for a bit more armor since a light breeze can just fuck you up and destroy your arms and legs
Still no. It's light for a reason. Want more armor? Be a regular Borg.
What if unlocking a light borg and opening their chest gave you the ability to reinforce them while they were still operational?

Just target the various parts, click them with normal metal and bam, standard borg. Or, click them twice on the head and arms and bam, sturdy borg.
That seems like a good idea. Allows you to upgrade any roundstart borgs without having to make a whole new frame, which is pretty costly.
i am resuscitating this thread
Why not just have it so that you can shove metal and reinforced metal sheets into the borg docks and click a button to reinforce them?

Just make it like the battery upgrades where the a human is required to operate it.
If a human is still required anyway, I think it should be a more involved process. Reinforcing parts seems like a more intensive task than the automated things the docking station can do.
I like Dyssal's idea the best. Open interface. Slap metal. Done. This way a borg could upgrade itself or another too. Though maybe the head shouldn't be capable of this kind of reinforcing for reasons. Or maybe it should. I dunno.