Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bring back the filler jobs
atomic1fire Wrote:Add a station crier

Give them a security radio and a notepad,

Sole purpose is to tell everyone else what's going on over the radio.
Make the centcom communications console notices public, while you're at it.
Cogwerks Wrote:There's currently no real point in having lawyers anyways, I can't even remember the last time I saw a trial happen. Maybe once in the past five months. It's not worth a trial for the max of five minutes in the brig that nontraitor crimes get, and if a dude gets caught with traitor gear they get immediately beaten to death by a mob like 80% of the time*. The rest of the time security won't allow a trial because the bad dude will always get either busted out or get pipebombed/assassinated during the trial because the fucking quartermasters or something got angry about the traitor still being alive.
]

this exactly. The only time I have seen a trial was a trial by combat when dr.kay and phillip farmer fought to the death for the captainship of the station. We did not need lawyers for that trial.
Delete every job except staff assistant.
enforcer9 Wrote:Delete every job except staff assistant.
Do this, but rename Staff Assistant to Spaceman
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:
Cogwerks Wrote:There's currently no real point in having lawyers anyways, I can't even remember the last time I saw a trial happen. Maybe once in the past five months. It's not worth a trial for the max of five minutes in the brig that nontraitor crimes get, and if a dude gets caught with traitor gear they get immediately beaten to death by a mob like 80% of the time*. The rest of the time security won't allow a trial because the bad dude will always get either busted out or get pipebombed/assassinated during the trial because the fucking quartermasters or something got angry about the traitor still being alive.
]

this exactly. The only time I have seen a trial was a trial by combat when dr.kay and phillip farmer fought to the death for the captainship of the station. We did not need lawyers for that trial.

there was a legit criminal trial on the very first day of mushroom station, with lawyers for both sides, one of the heads as a judge, and a jury of twelve people. i remember it very well because all of security was tied up keeping order at it and there was huge unchecked group of people metagrudging the shit out of the chaplain.
enforcer9 Wrote:Delete every job except staff assistant.
Addendum; Delete every job except HoP. Give that fucker something to do when every crewmember charges him for access to whatever job they want.

Time to be passive agressive. Place the uniforms for every job in a locker in the crew quaters. If people want to do a job they can get the outfit, get the HoP to change their access and job title and then they have that job.
I mean;
"what's so bad about not having them
exactly WHAT makes it SOOO much worse that you can't fucking bear to go and open a cupboard and put on the <job> outfit
like cmon"

8-)

You can all hate me for that if you'd like.
Readster Wrote:Place the uniforms for every job in a locker in the crew quaters.
Does that mean everyone gets to the station naked?
DrMelon Wrote:
OMJ Wrote:ok answer this you fuckin nerds
what makes the game worse when you add the option of a filler job
exactly WHAT makes it SOOO much worse that you can't fucking bear to see a "Lawyer" job as an option to choose in your set up sheet
like cmon

ok answer this you fuckin nerds
what's so bad about not having them
exactly WHAT makes it SOOO much worse that you can't fucking bear to go and open a cupboard and put on the lawyer outfit
like cmon
you cant get the neat syndi briefcase
how about a compromise
lets get a little terminal that everyone can use where you can just change your job name
so an assistant can change his name to "pubbie" while still having assistant access
some words like Captain, HoP, Officer are banned from being entered
OMJ Wrote:how about a compromise
lets remove 90% of the HoPs work
enforcer9 Wrote:
OMJ Wrote:how about a compromise
lets remove 90% of the HoPs work

if it justifies all the rounds the HoP immediately abandons that fucking desk and goes to eat donuts in security, why not?
so guise wut u shud do is bring bak th clown n mak it wher onle the clowne can *poo and he can *poo without eating and his poo has bathsalts and catdrugs and crank and korkodil at least 500 units of each and it is all injected in u when u step on it
I'm kinda with redster here. The guys saying there's "no point" in adding fluff roles should also logically agree with just having everyone start on the arrivals shuttle, naked, holding their assistant PDA, and having to go get whatever clothes for whatever job they want, then bug the HoP for access to said job.

Adding in a few gimmick jobs doesn't eliminate all the HoP's work, since there's still gonna be plenty of legitimate job changes to be had. I know that whenever I join late, the first thing I do is find out if the HoP is still around, and if he is(he almost never is), get a job change to literally anything else that he'll give me.

The people talking about how just changing into whatever outfit not feeling the same as actually having that be a job are correct. Even when I join late and get assigned a legitimate job, I feel like I'm shoehorning myself into that role, and forcing my coworkers, if any, to endure my wasting the extra clothes and equipment that's already usually pretty scarce.
Idea for a filler job.

Job roulette.

Combines random access, clothing, tools, and a random job title. Possibly even unique objectives.

How the player goes about using the role is completely up to them.

Maybe only accessible when the round has already started, or when there's already 90% (potential number) of existing jobs filled.

The idea would allow players to embrace new gimmicks without having to be assistants, and every round would be a potentially fun surprise.
neogeo0823 Wrote:anyone who does not want a million filler jobs does not want any jobs at all.
fixed