Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bring back the filler jobs
There needs to be a radio studio with a one way intercomm that broadcasts to a specific frequency that crew can either tune their headsets to or pick up a radio which is automatically tuned to it. They could get access to the security cameras so they can see what's going on around the station and report on it, they can get guests teleported in for interviews and overall just make an entertaining listening experience. The station needs to be out on a seperate Z-level and they have no specific side that they're on. They just talk the talk and make things entertaining. A changeling on the station doesn't concern them (Unless it's a shambler running amok in the halls, then they have something to talk about)
This job needs to exist!
I don't really think adding more useless roles is a good idea.

If having a station barber, or boxer were that important, assistants would have stolen the suits and convinced people to get make overs. Or convinced people to fight them, which already happens.

If anything there needs to be a sports betting system, because gambling on two assistants beating eachother is funny.

Lawyers are never used because nobody wants to hold trials. Unless the admins want to start teleporting people into a courthouse and allow lawyers to serve as a defense.

Roles like Zookeeper and farmer are p much ignored because for all the work done to code it in, eventually it will result in the station covered in monkeys and sheep poo, or some clown masked farmer wondering why he can't force a stampede.

Out of all the roles I think the Vice officer would be the only funny role to bring back, but mostly because they'd at least annoy gang members over vandalism from spray paint.
Owlery manager, please.
Just make it so staff assistants have a popup like the agent card that allows them to set a name for their rank at the start of the round. If they want to mess around as a filler job they can put "Lawyer", "Clown", or whatever in, and if they don't feel creative they simply press enter since it is automatically defaulted to "Staff Assistant"
Furbeh Wrote:Let Assistants have differently named ids when they spawn.

Pubbie Joe say, "Lol im the new clown so i better find the guy with the clown suit and beat his brains out so i can take my outfit back."

Its not that hard to get a custom id from a head, you just have to ask them.
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:Its not that hard to get a custom id from a head, you just have to ask them.
And waste their valuable time. Most heads would rather be hunting down the antagonists than giving Pubbie Joe and his brothers "Clown" and "Clown Hunter" ranks.
Furbeh Wrote:
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:Its not that hard to get a custom id from a head, you just have to ask them.
And waste their valuable time. Most heads would rather be hunting down the antagonists than giving Pubbie Joe and his brothers "Clown" and "Clown Hunter" ranks.
HoP, the one supposed to change ids, shouldn't be antagonist hunting. He is not security. His valuable time isn't wasted if he's doing his job.
Furbeh Wrote:

i get IDs with "Suicide Victim," "Amateur Proctologist," and "Drunk Officer" as jobs from HoPs all of the time

just fucking walk up to the guy's desk and ask
Furbeh Wrote:And waste their valuable time. Most heads would rather be hunting down the antagonists than giving Pubbie Joe and his brothers "Clown" and "Clown Hunter" ranks.
since fucking when is the Captain's or HoP's time valuable

there's a reason they get drunk or lost in space every goddamn round, it's because they're barely relevant at all past the first 5 minutes.
bring back vice officer
Coolguye Wrote:
Furbeh Wrote:And waste their valuable time. Most heads would rather be hunting down the antagonists than giving Pubbie Joe and his brothers "Clown" and "Clown Hunter" ranks.
since fucking when is the Captain's or HoP's time valuable
The Captain's or HoP's time is not valuable to others, but it is valuable to themselves. Not that many people want to sit in the bridge or customs giving Pubbie Joe "Filler Job #72" only to be yelled at when they leave their post.
I like filler jobs, but they're not worth it. Best case scenario you're just going to have a guy running an unoriginal gimmick that was set out for him at the start instead of him having to come up with an unoriginal gimmick.

What's actually going to happen is they spawn in as a clown and either:

A. Go get a job change immediately and disposals their outfit

or

B. Run around being a clown for two minutes until a staff assistant knocks them out and strips them for the clown gear

Also HoP is the chillest job on the station if you just queue up some music on your computer and stand behind the desk all round while running access-related gimmicks.
Put on the uniforms and DO the job. JEEZ LOUISE!
Furbeh Wrote:Just make it so staff assistants have a popup like the agent card that allows them to set a name for their rank at the start of the round. If they want to mess around as a filler job they can put "Lawyer", "Clown", or whatever in, and if they don't feel creative they simply press enter since it is automatically defaulted to "Staff Assistant"

People would come up with crazy/stupid jobs that make no sense.

I'd rather see that the crates that have the clothes in them come with a free one-time ID upgrade chip. You use it, and the ID you're wearing gets "upgraded" to change your job to whatever clothes-crate the chip was in. You still keep the same access you originally had, so it would be purely an aestethic/fun kind of thing.
I still don't really see any point. If you want your ID to say clown, go ask the HoP. That's what they're there for.