Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bring back the filler jobs
The only job I wouldnt mind seeing is the Barber, since he has a nice little shop and stuff already. The other jobs were removed for a good reason. Bring the Mailman back though.
Better solution: randomly spawn assistants in barbershop/gym/courtroom/owlery/whereeverthefuckclownscomefrom with the gear for that "role". Traitor assistants get all the vanity traitor items (clown car, etc)
Honestly, I think we should not bring back the clown. He is just a big douchebag. All he does is fart out bananas and gets in the way of everybody else. Why do you think people wanted to kill him in the first place?
If we ever get the clown back, the players are going to be awful as the clown, and the crew will name the clown captain every shift
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:If we ever get the clown back, the players are going to be awful as the clown, and the crew will name the clown captain every shift
That would indeed be a marked improvement over the status quo.
Nightgunner5 Wrote:That would indeed be a marked improvement over the status quo.

It already happens most of the time so I dont think we need a specific job for it.
Nightgunner5 Wrote:Better solution: randomly spawn assistants in barbershop/gym/courtroom/owlery/whereeverthefuckclownscomefrom with the gear for that "role". Traitor assistants get all the vanity traitor items (clown car, etc)

Best solution here. The spaceman is a fickle beast, and requires stimulus to remind him what job was assigned to him so that he can ignore it. Setting assistant spawn points to places like the barbershop, the boxing arena, the jury room would give them that stimulus.

Personally, I would hate to be the barber. I would just sit around in the barbershop, waiting for someone to ask for a haircut; or I would go around dying everyone's hair pink which is something I do often enough as assistant now.
The problem with a lot of those filler jobs is that there's really fuck-all to do other than cause trouble, unless you're a popular player. Some random dude rolls barber, nobody's gonna trust him to get a haircut. Boxing is fun but sporadic enough that there's no point having it as an assigned job that someone might get forced into. Clowns... true clownship lives in the heart, not in the ID.
Pretty much this is a I want cool job specific traitor items! thing
mozi Wrote:
Klayboxx Wrote:What is wrong with filler jobs? They add a lot of fun to the game. I've NEVER understood hate for them. If you don't want to be them, then don't.

the clown was a grief magnet that people got sick of having to deal with
the boxer similarly would have nothing to do except try to attack random people
and the lawyer would have nothing to do but antagonize security
is that not what assistants do all the fucking time
Y'know what would be cool for a test run? assistants get the most of the special traitor items as a trade off for low access.
So you're allowed to get some stuff instead of having access as an assistant traitor.
Have no idea how this could be balanced or what items that could be added.

Plus i'm not in favor anymore of bringing back the jobs into the list, the jobs just need something more to do than beg the chef for a banana peel so you can slip people up, randomly dye hairs and slam your palms against a table screaming OBJECTION!

My idea with the clown being able to juggle with juggle balls is a good start. some things that are harmless but would bring a little more substance to the more popular assistant shenanigans.
Shoddy Wrote:Y'know what would be cool for a test run? assistants get the most of the special traitor items as a trade off for low access.
So you're allowed to get some stuff instead of having access as an assistant traitor.
Have no idea how this could be balanced or what items that could be added.

Plus i'm not in favor anymore of bringing back the jobs into the list, the jobs just need something more to do than beg the chef for a banana peel so you can slip people up, randomly dye hairs and slam your palms against a table screaming OBJECTION!

My idea with the clown being able to juggle with juggle balls is a good start. some things that are harmless but would bring a little more substance to the more popular assistant shenanigans.

You're missing the point of the filler jobs, friend.
Cogs talked about possibley using the tv show sprites we have a little while ago. Maybe we could have a tv reporter/producer job.
A TV Reporter would be the best gimmick job ever
Cogwerks Wrote:The problem with a lot of those filler jobs is that there's really fuck-all to do other than cause trouble, unless you're a popular player. Some random dude rolls barber, nobody's gonna trust him to get a haircut. Boxing is fun but sporadic enough that there's no point having it as an assigned job that someone might get forced into. Clowns... true clownship lives in the heart, not in the ID.

This does not match my experience.

One of my favorite jobs was lawyer, and when I played as lawyer, both security and prisoners would act in a specific manner (prisoners would accept my help, security would at least talk to me, even if they ever listened).

As a "staff assistant" wearing a lawyer suit, prisoners tell me to fuck off, and security never gives me the time of day. I can also only get an HoP to change my ID to lawyer one time in 10.

The others jobs are the same: no one will trust a random dude in a barber suit with an ID that says "staff assistant" either, so saying "no one trusts a random barber" isn't an argument.

The issue is that the filler jobs might not have a lot to do, but it's not like staff assistants do either. The argument that "those jobs were useless" only makes sense if staff assistants are useful.

It just seems like there's no harm in bringing the jobs back because people can still always be staff assistants, so it's not like anyone is "stuck" in a useless job. Put differently, even if there's no benefit to bringing the back, there's no harm either, so why not listen to the players that enjoy that particular feature?