Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radiation suits suck
At the moment radiation suits will let radiation through and eventually kill you. The change is just make them block radiation altogether to give them some value.
Hmmm, are they supposed to be similar to the firesuits (I.E protect, but don't NEGATE fire)? Honest question.

Speaking from experience (read: I played S.T.A.L.K.E.R too much) I recall even some of the best Hazmat Suits didn't protect you from INTENSE radiation. Granted, most of the minor radiation was blocked out, but if you decided to take a dip in a drainage pool or French Kiss a toxic drum you'd start to glow. The way it works now in SS13 is that radiation accumulates on your body, so maybe that's the issue? Maybe enough radiation bypasses the suit. If that's the case, should the suit outright NEGATE all radiation, or should it just soak up a bit of the damage/radiation?
If someone pens you with a radioactive chem or shoot you with a radbow the source of radiation is inside you, so a suit won't help. As for other sources of radiation I'd be quite surprised if they bypass the rad resists of the suit.
Holding cerenkite and other radioactive minerals bypasses your radsuit's protection
BlakeJohnson Wrote:Holding cerenkite and other radioactive minerals bypasses your radsuit's protection
That's silly.
If you keep finding stuff like that please post it here. It'll be looked into.
I believe radiation contagion ("enveloped in soft green glow") also bypasses the radsuit. It's been a while since I tested my nuclear monkey reactor.
Spy_Guy Wrote:
BlakeJohnson Wrote:Holding cerenkite and other radioactive minerals bypasses your radsuit's protection
That's silly.
If you keep finding stuff like that please post it here. It'll be looked into.

Could you also see if industrial mining armor shields radiation from ore? I haven't played mining in awhile so I'm not sure if they're broken as well, might even be worth it to look into making engineering space suits rad-proof.