Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C'mon and play Online Diplomacy
Hi I'm setting up a game of Diplomacy using:
http://www.playdiplomacy.com/
Supposing there's people who would like to join spots will be given out on a first come, first serve manner, and countries will be given out at random. Turns will process every 12 hours, so don't worry if you don't have time to give orders right away. This is gonna be exclusively for Goonstation 13 people, so expect backstabbery at all times. Anyhow, in order to join the game, you'll need to make an account, and then go to the Games tab, then select Join Game from there, type the number 98562 into the search tool in the slot Game Number and then a game should show up entitled "GD13 vs Europe" from there just type the password "gs13" and hit Join Game and you're in. If you could be so kind as to put a post here if you join, or if you're having trouble joining that'd be rad. Looking forward to schooling, and consequently getting schooled by you guys.
I'm in for a rumble
Actually I can't join for some reason I tried all three games with the title GD13 vs Europe and used the password but none work for me.
Have I joined, this site gives me no notification whether or not I have joined, just goes back to the find games page, and I can't seem to find it anywhere in active games/pending etc.
"GD13 vs Europe" from there just type the password "gs13" [/quote]
I thought this difference was important, the password is gd13 you dumb nerd
how do you people even play games that tick once every 12 hours. It's the same thing with that mush game man, just a ton of waiting.

Seriously this is an honest question.
I do. It lets me not miss anything due to work. Now when you start seeing days long turns....
Also: In.
thehman03 Wrote:how do you people even play games that tick once every 12 hours. It's the same thing with that mush game man, just a ton of waiting.

Seriously this is an honest question.

Well, in actual Diplomacy, like, the physical game, the turns are 30 - 45 minutes I believe. but that's with you know, physical human beings.

Since this entire game basically revolves around communication with others and is online and everyone might be in different timezones or unavailable, 12 hour turns at least gives you a chance to talk to others.

It also makes things a more tense as it gives everyone more time to mull things over and be paranoid about each others intents with tension building as the turn mark closes in.
Note: I've also joined.
Hey Ballus if you're still having trouble but are also still interested let me know and I can try to help you out. The website is anything but reasonably laid out (Hence why I made three games before realizing it worked). Make sure you're using the all lowercase gd13, and that you've got the right game number as well. And maybe you're not signed in when you try to join? Idunno.
Alright i got in now.
Looks like we've got a full set. It is asking for confirmations now.
So it looks like Erev, Xeram, Ballus and I were the only people who confirmed entry. Basically that means that if you joined the game last time but didn't confirm entry you now have to join again, then once the game is full you have to confirm entry so that it knows that everyone wants to play, apparently it won't let us start otherwise, which is kinda silly. Once the game is full I'll make another post in here letting you guys know to confirm, if that helps. Off the top of my head I think crgn, maximumattack, twoflower, and someone I forgot have to re-join.