Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerf the shit out of IV bags.
I have been in two rounds since this got changed, and in every single round, at least one person has been on the business end of a nigh-unavoidab hellfire injection and subsequent combustion. It's ridiculous and basically turns all of the IV bags in medbay into free emagged hyposprays that anyone can use.
An IV with less than 10 units of phlog and CFL3 (with the rest of it being blood to make it appear red) was able to cause 100 burn damage the second it began injecting. It was also able to be removed from one person and used to do the same thing to another, so whatever amount was used was clearly insignificant.
Make it like Hypospray, in that it will dump harmful reagents.

That is all.
Not a bad solution at all.
I was worried about this, suppose it was inevitable. On it.
I don't think this would help, but it might be funny if you could use one of those reagent machines to make IV bags too.

That way while people aren't gonna be able to inject an IV bag full of death, they can still mass produce IV's of death and/or alcohol, they just have to get them into medbay.

Also it means Chemistry can use IV's to get high on meth without disturbing medbay.
Presumably whoever filled those IV bags with hellfire those rounds was capable of getting into medbay and doing so without much difficulty or being detected. So no, I can't imagine it would help.
Roomba Wrote:Presumably whoever filled those IV bags with hellfire those rounds was capable of getting into medbay and doing so without much difficulty or being detected. So no, I can't imagine it would help.
Either that or no one saw the harm in it, given that it's a relatively new mechanic and all. Either way, it goes to show that this has the potential of getting abused to hell and back, so some sort of preventative measure to prevent this shit from happening every round is gonna need to happen.

I had an idle thought that trying to put pyrotechnic chemicals into the IV bags would cause the bags to spontaneously combust, but maybe just going with the hypospray idea would work better, I dunno.
Yet Another Subtle E-mag Buff Thread roll eyes (sarcastic)
APARTHEID Wrote:Yet Another Subtle E-mag Buff Thread roll eyes (sarcastic)
The focus is not on giving emags something else to do, the focus is on keeping everyone a traitor can get their hands on from turning into walking infernos every round.

I don't like being on fire, it's not pleasant. frown
Why not just make plastic things melt when you inject fire chems into them?
I honestly think nerfing IV bags is shitty. They're just bags. Emagged hypos are instant. Make IV's just take a few seconds to put into an arm and not instant. You need to palpate for a vein anyway.

This change is just ruining improvising and forcing people to buy emags/whatever.
Ali0en Wrote:I honestly think nerfing IV bags is shitty. They're just bags. Emagged hypos are instant. Make IV's just take a few seconds to put into an arm and not instant. You need to palpate for a vein anyway.

This change is just ruining improvising and forcing people to buy emags/whatever.

I agree, the issue here is not that it's OP but rather that the way it injects the chems is broken (?) in that it makes 10 units of hellfire chems deal an instant 100 burn damage.

Leave the IVs alone and just fix the bug, I guess.
Haine added a delay time to IV's just like syringes. Good call! Better than a stupid drug whitelist.
Yeah, making them work like hyposprays doesn't strike me as making a whole lot of sense. As Ali0en said, they're just plasma bags, why the hell would they run electronically?