Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update Psychedelic drugs to have Good/ Bad trips
The current system puts psychedelics in a bad light with crazy scary stuff when in reality they are potentially good or bad.
I'm of course talking about LSD and psilocybin.
I suggest making each drug have a normal, trippy, enlightened giggly state and a damage triggered horrific paranoid state.

Good trip:
>sprites melting/breathing
>colorful visuals
>giggling/laughing
>positive thoughts about universe
>beings of light standing about, who disappear when you get near
Bad trip
>Triggered by damage/ amount of health
>everything looks bleached dark and red
>explosions/ gunshots
> screaming
> the hallucinatory attackers (the current effect)
>negative paranoid thoughts
>beings of darkness that stand about and disappear if you get near
Yeah, sounds good. Some horrible drug thing!
Add more reasons to smoke rainbow weed? Yes please. Some horrible drug thing! Some horrible drug thing! Some horrible drug thing!
Maybe add ayahuasca too and by extension dmt...?
I think what i'm trying to get at is that in the current state, lsd and psilocybin don't work in anyway similar to real life psychedelics.
They seem to work more like a deliriant IE datura (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datura#Eff ... _ingestion).
With all the effects that can be applied to sprites, i'm sure it wouldn't be hard to give a better effect than the current one.
The ideal effect of taking LSD and psilocybin should give the player..
  • a distorted and enhanced perception. - sprites and screen wobble and breathe and player is granted the ability to see invisible people and maybe slightly through walls or floors(perhaps depending on which psychedelic is taken)
  • a distorted and enhanced perception of sound - far away sounds should be louder and all sounds should have some weird effect on them or maybe just echoey
  • the random thoughts that pop up should be parodies of the sorts of realizations people can have.
  • any damage received should change the nature of the experience into something scary.
These changes would make things pretty interesting... maybe give psychedelics a good name too.
I'm down with more variance in how different hallucinogens work. Right now they're mostly just an annoying distraction.
poland spring Wrote:I'm down with more variance in how different hallucinogens work. Right now they're mostly just an annoying distraction.
Exactly. there should be more of them too. IE
classical psychedelics
LSD
Psilocybin
Mescaline
Deliriants
Datura
Not sure how to categorize but really strong effects
DMT
darn it. i pressed preview not submit.. anyhow any ideas on how they could differ? DMT should bring on a natural VR.