Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morphine/addictions. Slight but major beneficial change.
1. You can get addicted to it, on like 5 units.
2. The addiction is pretty bad.

I know it's meant to be somewhat nefarious in its uses, but the nefarious uses are when it's in your blood stream for too long and you fall asleep, not this.

Can you make the addiction threshold be something like 15 units? So that doctors at least can give 5 units to curb the pain of surgery and patients are actually willing instead of opting for the constant medical patch route.

Also somewhat related, but it'd be nice if addictions had a more general cure. They can be at times extremely debilitating, especially if you have many addictions. I know rest cures some of it, but how about water? Water and rest = cold turkey. Will give bottled water some use. Water in the system will speed it up somewhat, as will rest, the ideal situation would be both water and rest.
I agree, morphine is hardly ever used as a medicinal benefit. Most people just get annoyed when you use it on them, mostly because of the annoying addiction. It's also super easy to get your hands on it and just 'accidentally' give it to people.
Here's my understanding of how addictions work:

Addictions only have a chance to trigger on injection/ingestion. If you eat a 100u meth pill and don't get addicted, that's the only check for addiction that you'll have to pass. Additionally, methods that spawn chemicals directly in the body (Gin and Sonic decays into meth, warm donk pockets spawn omni, I think cigarettes might too?) bypass the addiction check.
Quantity doesn't matter. It doesn't matter whether you're taking with 100u or 0.1u, it will do the same check.
Different chemicals have different addiction chances - but all addictions are the same. It doesn't matter if it's coffee, nicotine or crank, they all have the same debilitating effects.

That's just my experience.
Grayshift Wrote:all addictions are the same. It doesn't matter if it's coffee, nicotine or crank, they all have the same debilitating effects.

Yeah, that's the thing I really hate about addiction. Meth is one thing, but a person shouldn't be collapsing on the floor because they haven't had a cigarette in the last 3 minutes.
Frank_Stein Wrote:
Grayshift Wrote:all addictions are the same. It doesn't matter if it's coffee, nicotine or crank, they all have the same debilitating effects.

Yeah, that's the thing I really hate about addiction. Meth is one thing, but a person shouldn't be collapsing on the floor because they haven't had a cigarette in the last 3 minutes.
Though slightly off topic, perhaps specialized withdrawal symptoms should be a thing?
DyssalC Wrote:
Frank_Stein Wrote:

Though slightly off topic, perhaps specialized withdrawal symptoms should be a thing?

Actually it's pretty much on topic, as grayshift pointed out it's not actually the threshold as I thought, but rather some shit random chance depending if it's in your system or not.

On that note, weaker addictions should give you bold red message spam in your chat like
DAMN, YOU COULD REALLY USE A COFFEE/CIGARETTE RIGHT NOW
and stuff like getting onto your feet from stuns and slip would be randomly marginally slower giving you the message:
You sluggishly begin to recover

While more hardcore drugs like crank and meth would have current withdrawl symptoms.

There's a few strange drugs that have addictive properties too, such as omnizine and fliptonium. They should have strange withdrawls too, such fliptonium causing you to literally flip into people randomly.