Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hiding inside objects doesn't stop mobs from beating on you
As a borg, got into a recharger with some anima-ed crap attacking me. After a while I suddenly blew apart.

If you are supposed to be hit while hiding inside containers, you don't get any notifications for getting attacked anyway. Seems a little weird.
You have to enter a container while the critter can't see you. If you do it in their field of view they will be able to hit you while you're inside.
Even in that case, you should at least be notified that they're attacking you. Containers are just weird.
Also it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for living toolboxes or whatever being able to attack you through a solid metal recharging dock.
An emagged beepsky can stun you inside a pod, which is kind of just silly.
This has been a thing forever and will probably never be fixed
I think this is a byond thing and thus not fixable.
It's totally fixable, but it's really a core mechanic.
I once went through the ice moon with someone, and once we got to the king, my partner ran right by him, aggro'd him, and jumped on the zamboni.
The king followed him into the zamboni and beat him into crit before he jumped out.
So what I'm saying is that wendigos stealing your car is a feature imo.
Personally, I think it would be nice if the mob had to beat open lockers/chargers/crates/pods before getting at the tasty crewman center. Disposals are fine though, they just need to reach through the top.
Haine Wrote:a feature imo.