MaximusRex and the Quest for The Beret
Usual Character Name: Reaver Jones
BYOND Username: MaximusRex
Recommended by (if applicable): Hufflaw, others over the years that I unfortunately can't remember.
Times Available: All day on the weekends, 5:00 PM - when I fall I asleep on weekdays.

Reason for Application (300 word minimum): I've been playing as security ever since I first joined the Goon servers around...three years ago? Time flew by faster than I thought. Rolling as the police on this crazy station has given me some of my most entertaining SS13 experiences, and I think that it's about time that I try and go for the sacred red beret. I've had quite a few players and current HoS's tell me that I should go and apply for the position. I wish I could remember all their names, but it's been a few years since a few of them suggested it to me. Hufflaw gave me a recommendation last night, which gave me the boot in the ass to finally send this in.

I've worked with a lot of great HoS's over the year, and whenever one is on, they make such a big difference in how the round is played. When the security force has a solid leader at the top of the command chain, everything is so much more fluid and enjoyable. Sometimes an officer just needs a little more commanding clout and convenient access to deal with a situation, and the Head of Security brings this to the table spectacularly. I have the experience of hundreds of rounds under my belt, and I know I have what it takes to bring some order and fun to the station. The law can be upheld in a fun manner for everyone, antagonists and non-antoganists alike. Why execute the traitor with the shotgun, when you can get him drunk and make him fistfight you for his freedom? Why not shave the wizard and send him on a quest for super-hairgrowium? I want to finally be able to take on this role on the force, and use it for the powers of fun.

Which brings me to the other big reason I want to hold the beret. I've seen firsthand what can happen to a round with bad players taking on the responsibility of being an officer. Unnecessary beatings, bucklecuffing for the slightest crimes, infinite brig timers; these things ruin the enjoyability for everyone on the receiving end. Horrible security teams or irresponsible captains/HoP's will make for a horrible round. I always keep the team in check when I'm playing, and I've had to forcibly demote a lot of griefing officers in my time via my taser. Dealing with these situations as a normal officer can be difficult at best, so being able to stand with the authority of the beret is what I'm looking to do in the future.

Security Experience (300 word minimum): Man, where do I begin. So many rounds, so many stories, so much to go through. I've done it all as an officer, and the experience never gets old. I've stood and died next to numerous captains in defense of the station against crazy operatives. I've taken on the horrors of changling infestation, I've held off the crime waves of gang activity. I've taken down silent rampaging agents that use everything from C-sabres to chemical concoctions straight out of the depths of hell. Wizards tearing the station asunder? Normal day. Super spooky ghosts from another realm bringing death and destruction? Easy peasy. Vampires? They don't stand a chance. I've even pissed away the round getting drunk with the heads. That's not even going into the gimmick rounds...

I just love playing security. It's probably my most played role, with a hundred, probably more, rounds as an officer. In the course of all these rounds, I've learned how to deal with non traitors and traitors alike in the best manner possible. Just sentences, funny alternative punishments, and polite treatment is how I roll. No beaten prisoners or hasty executions when I'm around. Another aspect of when I play is that I keep constant communication on the security channel, reporting crimes and keeping tabs on the rest of the force. I've had countless times where that communication and teamwork has saved my ass, and the asses of my fellow red shirts. Even the most robust officer needs a partner, and I try to put that idea into effect every time I play.

Speaking of robustness, I'd like to think that I'm on the robust side myself. I've had situations where the station is being destroyed by the madness of multiple antagonists, and I'm the only officer left standing between them and catastrophe.I once had five angry traitors in custody at the same time, and still managed to get them all brigged securely all by myself. I've survived in situations where most others wouldn't, and to me, those are my favorite times. Not saying I'm perfect, I've had some major screwups and rounds where I ended up in the gibber, but that's just part of why I love security so much. Even though kicking ass as the popo is great, the mark of a good round isn't getting all the traitors captured and all the weird space aliens killed. It's about making the round a great time for everyone, and giving the meanies a run for their money.

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc): The current layout is pretty neat, but there can be improvements. The secure hangar is too difficult to get your pod back into, and I've had to ditch the command pods in non-secure locations more times that I like to think about. Adding some way to get back inside securely, like an ID triggered hangar control, would make life so much easier.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): I can't remember ever getting banned. However, I came close to a job-ban from botanist a long while back due to accidentally crashing the server with potatoes. That was an interesting day.
Oh hey, I remember working with you before I was an admin. You're great sec, yes from me!
Cannot recall your OOC name, but I remember you from since the days of mushroom. You've had more than enough time to know the ropes.
Yes.
Quote:remember you from since
Cannot syntax before 12am. D'oh!
Finally someone remembered I recommended them Some banjo thing somebody bought for some great re

In the rounds I've played with you you were good and stuff. You'd definitely make a good HoS.
Had some great rounds as sec with him, certainly a yes from me
Absolute godsend to have you around when I'm HoS. Very much yes.
Weavel Wrote:Absolute godsend to have you around when I'm HoS. Very much yes.

My feelings exactly. I'm pretty certain I've recommended you go for the beret before - so a definite yes from me.
You're a dead ringer for Philip Farmer.

Fortunately, only in the looks and not in the behaviour.

Yes please.
point blank a really good player who can keep a level head. a definite yes
Oh hey... I remember you... I told you to go apply to be a hos like a year ago.

YOU'RE TOO SLOW. NO HAT FOR YOU.

(I approve of this person being a HoS)
Yes, I like this guy, this is a good guy he should get shotguns and stuff. When this Application was first posted I thought "I dunno who that guy is." then I saw you and I thought "This is a good guy." and totally forgot you had the application.
Just checking in on the application, seeing all the positive feedback is great. And jerkface, better late than never, eh?
I was a chef the other day. I broke all the lights in the kitchen and put corpses in there. You came in worried about me and arrested me to get psychological help. Unfortunately you (unintentionally) left me with a clown officer and detective that kept throwing me back in prison after my timers ran out, over and over, as well as shooting me.

I became a wraith after enough abuse and haunted you for damning me to that fate. I killed all of sec and tore you apart.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.