Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give people a reason to use the body bags and morgue
Seeing bodies pile up in medbay, while fun in morbid kind of way, can get somewhat crazy at times. Got me thinking about how useless the morgue currently is. All it's really used for is to hide bodies and changling husks.

So basically, with the new disease system in, I was thinking that bodies should have a chance to spread disease, with random symptoms. Not anything too powerful or deadly, but something that'll encourage people to actually dispose of corpses. Maybe the diseases could have worse symptoms the longer the bodies been rotting away.

Could also add some nice flavor text about how shitty it smells. Would also give the medical doctors a reason to wear surgical masks and latex gloves. Body bags, Morgue units, etc would prevent the corpses from spreading their sickness everywhere. Thoughts?
I dunno, I use body bags to jump out and scream at people before running away. Pretty sure that's a good reason to use them.
I kind of wish I could pick the body bag up when there's a body in it, but that'd probably be really weird and wonky to workout code-wise and functionality-wise.
I think the morgue trays slow or stop decomposition, so there is a reason to use the one in medbay. But this sounds like an okay idea.
DyssalC Wrote:I kind of wish I could pick the body bag up when there's a body in it, but that'd probably be really weird and wonky to workout code-wise and functionality-wise.

You know, this is exactly what I assumed body bags were for when introduced.
As a more serious suggestion, we need some kind of way or place we can put people to completely and effectively quarantine them. The actual quarantine area isn't used very frequently and, unless I'm mistaken, doesn't even work all of the time anyways. Diseases just seem to spread too quickly to be able to contain them, and the relatively small numberof biosuits to go around ensures that basically the entire crew is infected about ten minutes in.
Since when do we need a reason attached to every gimmicky thing on the station
Marquesas Wrote:Since when do we need a reason attached to every gimmicky thing on the station

Because my briefcase so happens to have a person inside of it crossarms
I use body bags to hang out inside the blob, which works very well I might add.
It'd be nice if there was a kitchen chute in the morgue next to the crematorium chute. It's a pain in the ass to send meat to the chef right now, since bodies don't fit in mail chutes
Marquesas Wrote:Since when do we need a reason attached to every gimmicky thing on the station

Idk, why not? I didn't really think it through all that much. And it'd probably be a pain in the ass to balance. Just spitballing.
Frank_Stein Wrote:I think the morgue trays slow or stop decomposition, so there is a reason to use the one in medbay. But this sounds like an okay idea.
Yeah, the morgue trays are good for holding bodies that Genetics hasn't gotten around to scanning yet for this reason.

You can also hide yourself on one of the trays and spook people. Boo
APARTHEID Wrote:
DyssalC Wrote:I kind of wish I could pick the body bag up when there's a body in it, but that'd probably be really weird and wonky to workout code-wise and functionality-wise.

You know, this is exactly what I assumed body bags were for when introduced.
same here