Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
using a fire extinguisher on paper/clothes fires
should probably put them out.
Firefighting foam already puts out items on fire, whether they are clothes, cash or anything else.
this was not the case as of last night, 4am PST.
I can confirm that paper fires are a never-ending hell that need to be dealt with. I was a barman one round and someone decided to fill the bar with paper piles and light them, and the bar suddenly became impossible to even see. No amount of firefighting foam smoke or fire extinguisher sprays would stop it.

There needs to be a better way of dealing with this. Stuffing it all in a closet is band-aid solution.
The current "method" of fighting fires appears to be acid sprays or smoke. Isn't that a bit much to deal with bits of flash paper?
I might be wrong, but I think the issue with paper fires is that they usually grow so hot that the moment they get put out, the very tile temperature reignites the paper - it doesn't help that papers are one of the easiest things to catch fire.
I've noticed that some paper fires will take 6-8 sprays to put out, and those were fairly small.
[Image: aa6bffa716.jpg]

Just did a test. Fire extinguishers do jack against mere scraps of paper.
How do fires even work? Is each paper a separate instance of a fire? Like, if there are twenty pieces of paper on one tile that are on fire, is that twenty seprate instances of fire there?
Well that's weird, used to work for me just fine. I also heard Marquesas say that he figured out why paperfires burn for an infinite amount of time or something, so I guess neverending fires can be fixed in the near future.
No idea why the foam doesn't work on some paperfires, though.