Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Relationship Between Traitors and the HoS
There seems to be this annoying and unhelpful chain of thought going around with Security right now. It seems like people think that traitors are fun and that any attempt by Security to detain or kill a traitor is unfun and shitty, regardless of circumstance.

I had a Head of Security interfere with the arrest of a known traitor (subverted the AI, had a wrestling belt) after said traitor had some disagreement with the Captain and the Captain mysteriously went missing within ~5 minutes of each other. The intent was to arrest and question the traitor, but the Head of Security was so adamant about not letting the traitor get detained that he set security officers to arrest to try and free him. 

What would have been a simple questioning turned into suspicion of mindslaving and ultimately the execution of the traitor, given no other viable alternatives. 

The HoS was in fact NOT mindslaved, the justification being that tracking down known traitors and arresting them is "validhunting" and shitty.
I have to make a request not a demand to change their playstyles but to at least think about it and maybe try to be a tad bit harsher on antag and normal crimers alike.

Can other HoS players and Security players please stop giving antags a pat a the back and releasing them with "Ha ha Try again friend". Personally I feel security needs to be waaaaay more harsher to anyone who does crime. Personally if I arrest a antag and if they have killed or I have enough to prove that they were going to kill then I kill them. They had their chance and got punished for getting caught. I mean it's not security's job to hunt antags but it is our jobs to stop or prevent them from harming the crew. If they just got caught and I can't prove they did anything and their only crime was having illegal antag items, then I take their weapons and items away and lock them away (and I don't tell them where they are why do some of you tell them where their weapons are at?) and then I beat them close to death lock them away and let the crew know that the person is a antag and leave their life to the fate of the crew. I'm all for giving a traitor another chance if they have not killed or got caught at the start of the round but by god at least punish them for getting caught. They don't get better at not getting caught when you show them they will get a free pass.

There might be more to CameronWoof's story but the last thing a HoS or any Security player should do is assault his fellow officers and let the antag go. That's helping a antag and that's breaking the rules.

If you look back in this thread you'll see that I was once one of those people who was for letting antags go even if they have killed people. My opinion has changed since last year clearly after recent events like the Greytide and the outcry that no one is stopping rampages.
I like the eye for an eye approach. I think I always have. The only positive thing the lax attitude has given rise to is the ability for complex machinations impossible in a stricter scenario - which about 3 people use, so no big loss there I guess.
people need to remember security is the stations police force it's there job to arrest people who commit crime and keep the station in order. and just like real police if they have reasonable suspicion they can bring you in for questioning and if you use lethal force they will respond in kind.