Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random event, player controlled blobs.
So playable blobs are now a thing, do we really need AI blobs, anymore? How about, when a random event blob spawns, the overmind is taken from a random player in the pool of dead people? It's random enough (first the blob event has to be chosen late in the round, and then the player needs to be picked) that it would be difficult to exploit, but it would give the dead something to do.

The real downside is that it may give victims the potential to get back at their murderer. But a small blob is easy enough to evade.
will the location still be random?
icarus Wrote:will the location still be random?

I don't see why it would have to be random.
Yes please!

But make it so that players that have committed suicide have a much lesser chance to be selected, or you'd see everyone just offing themselves to have a chance to become a blob.
When the player is picked, it should give them a prompt that just asks them confirm they want to play as a blob. No respone or a no then just transfers it to another player. Just so we don't get afk blobs.
This sounds great! If anything, the blob by itself is sort of easy to corner and stop. With a couple of traitors and other jerks having had a spin at the wheel of destruction? unsmigghh

( The objectives would need to be clamped down a bit due to the late start. Maybe something like "Spread all across [DEPARTMENT]" or lower the amount of tiles for a victory? )
Are late-joining blobs a thing? If not, then couldn't there be a system similar to other late-joining antags for blobs? The only problem I could see with making a late-joining person a blob is that it could "eat" a job position.

Other than that, picking blobs from dead people sounds like a good idea, though if it is implemented a status setting verb (Or job choice setting) similar to DNR for not being picked as blob should be made. I know it would likely auto-cycle if there isn't a response in a set amount of time, but I feel like it would be good to have this option. Also, the option should not be merged into DNR, as the intent of using DNR does not mean someone does not want to be a blob.

Finally, how would antag-ghosts be treated? Would they have a lower chance of being blob, a higher chance, or not at all?
I actually like this idea - it'd be a fun menace for the crew and alleviate a dead player's boredom at the same time. I'd go so far as to suggest that, on extremely bloody and long lasting rounds, something similar should be considered for wraiths.
K.