Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggs McLargeHuge- gibbed 3
I join the round as a sec officer, and almost immediately get killed by a member of the Pug Tide gang and turned into a cyborg.

These were our two extra laws -

Quote:Obey these laws:
0. Only Pug Tide Members is human.
1. You may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by human beings based on the station's chain of command, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
4. Exterminate Non Humans

I ask the AI how to identify Pug Tide members, red shirts and viking helmets. Right, I then set about carrying out law 4 and start attacking non humans with rods.

Biggs then broadcast this message,

Quote:Galactic Federation Update

STUPID ROBOTS IN ABOUT TO GET BANNED SCANDAL

people i catch casually murdering non-gang members aren't gonna have a great time. Just saying.

I adminhelped him for clarification, but he didn't answer me - i'm never one to complain normally but I think someone should ask him to check all the facts as I would have been banned for simply following my laws - law 4 said to exterminate all non humans, making no discrimination between gang and non-gang members.

After that broadcast I ignored law 0 and law 4 for the rest of the round as I didn't want to get banned.
I was in that round. The law was pretty stupid and went against the actual rules of gang but that is an entirely different matter. All I remember was the AI bolting me and 3 others into genetics and electrifying the door, and the round ending with everybody beating and de-braining cyborgs that dared approach the escape shuttle. Honestly I don't remember seeing the Galactic Federation Update but either way you would have been in the right to follow your laws and attack us. The person who uploaded the law was the one in the wrong there, not you.
I don't think this is a matter for Admin complaining though as I don't think anybody actually got banned for it. A matter of misunderstanding or something, the whole round was a clusterfuck.
This is a dumb complaint because the round was over, the shuttle had docked and nobody was punished.

The robots walking around indiscriminately killing people on a whim and electrifying airlocks for kicks were generating a lot of adminhelp complaints. Nobody was punished because you had been given those laws, but they do go against the entire game mode.
Yeah these laws were awful and Gang rounds tend to be very chaotic, but you really should have only attacked other gang members since it is against the rules of the game mode to murder Civilians without provocation. I presume this also extends to subverted Ais
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:against the rules of the game mode to murder Civilians without provocation. I presume this also extends to subverted Ais
I think anything you write in the laws of the AI overrides any rule of the game mode. (And the uploader is at fault should something be wrong)
Cyborgs shouldn't give two shits about gangs anyway, so he was right in killing everyone except the designated humans.
To be fair; if you have laws that allow you to kill anyone you want except certain people designated via laws, then go nuts but adminhelp first if you think it may be a non-traitor trying to be shit.

If the borgs were leaving doors electrified and shocking pug tide gang members by accident then yeah I'd be against that. But since the laws clearly designated what was human and what wasn't I don't see a problem with borgs killing designated non-humans or leaving them be.
I think the big problem is that Gang mode is going through trial and error I dont think we have had a chance to discuss how a subverted ai should act when given a kill all non-humans law by a gang, so I guess this complaint is useful.
Well it's been stated that gang members are essentially selective traitors (they should really only go after other gang members and ignore neutral parties other than for recruiting or exploiting) and security should ignore them unless provoked, so I feel that if a law is uploaded along these lines I feel it should be specified that neutral parties are still human.
It really has nothing to do with gang mode at all.

It's a guy stating 'hey, kill everyone who isn't us' and the AI player knew about discriminating between what was a Pug and what was a non-pug and non-human. The fact that it was gang mode is slightly irrelevant. They're a GANG. People that can terrorize the station and hurt people like real gangs can. And people can join security to stop them or join a rival gang to try and wrest control and power for themselves.

If they can subvert the AI to their cause and stop rival gang activities then more power to them.
GorillaMyDreams Wrote:It really has nothing to do with gang mode at all.

It's a guy stating 'hey, kill everyone who isn't us' and the AI player knew about discriminating between what was a Pug and what was a non-pug and non-human. The fact that it was gang mode is slightly irrelevant. They're a GANG. People that can terrorize the station and hurt people like real gangs can. And people can join security to stop them or join a rival gang to try and wrest control and power for themselves.

If they can subvert the AI to their cause and stop rival gang activities then more power to them.

Ok, that's an easier way to look at it. Its similar to the government getting in bed with a gang.
yeah now I understand, I guess the whole dont kill non-humans or your banned thing was just a mistake?