Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Declaration Deploring Disestablished, Drunken Detectives
pizzatiger Wrote:Autopsy scanner- Place a dude on a Operating table and cut him up, Then use the Autopsy which tells when he died,Wounds and injurys he has and if he was dragged around after death
You can already do most of that with just a standard health analyzer and visual cues.
However, it would be fantastic if there were a way to see the what last chemical substance in a dead body was.
It would be neat in the future if there were multiple organs in the body, and different poisons affected them differently. For instance, the ones that affect the heart could make it so that the heart looks a little more rotten, where ones that affect the oxygen rot the lungs.
DyssalC Wrote:However, it would be fantastic if there were a way to see the what last chemical substance in a dead body was.
Last I checked, chems don't deplete in dead bodies, so a reagent scanner is all you need for that.
Paineframe Wrote:
DyssalC Wrote:However, it would be fantastic if there were a way to see the what last chemical substance in a dead body was.
Last I checked, chems don't deplete in dead bodies, so a reagent scanner is all you need for that.
Sometimes they deplete in the body and then the victim dies, like with 5 unit poisons like kuru and the many forms of initro.
DyssalC Wrote:
Paineframe Wrote:
Sometimes they deplete in the body and then the victim dies, like with 5 unit poisons like kuru and the many forms of initro.
I dunno about initro, sometimes they'll kill you dead before depleting. I used to abscond with the body to draw the remainder out with a syringe when I used it.
Remember to recycle, folks. I don't know
When I play detective I tend to go running around with the usual investigative stuff. Then I run into someone committing obvious crimes and stun revolver them until they run away or try to kill me. My aim's usually pretty bad, so I don't get to cuff many people.
Now that the detective is no longer really with security, I think a cool thing to do is to prowl all the maintenance shafts and less populated areas, trying to not to become changeling food as long as possible. Not an easy task, but it can sometimes pay off! Maybe there's a strategy of not being seen that I haven't thought of.
Owlrich Wrote:Now that the detective is no longer really with security, I think a cool thing to do is to prowl all the maintenance shafts and less populated areas, trying to not to become changeling food as long as possible. Not an easy task, but it can sometimes pay off! Maybe there's a strategy of not being seen that I haven't thought of.
I had a recent round where I busted a traitor after hiding in the caskets checking the cameras with the handheld device. Noticed cut cameras in the toxins lab, went to check it out, and the RD got violent when I talked to him about it.

Being a little snoop really fun, and I wish the detective had some kind of bugs to hide around.
Frank_Stein Wrote:I had a recent round where I busted a traitor after hiding in the caskets checking the cameras with the handheld device. Noticed cut cameras in the toxins lab, went to check it out, and the RD got violent when I talked to him about it.

Being a little snoop really fun, and I wish the detective had some kind of bugs to hide around.
Oh, that's a really good idea! I can imagine a lot of situations where you could set up a sting, or expose a traitor to the station. I think you should submit that to the ideas forum, because it really fit into the detective's whole thing.
Frank_Stein Wrote:Being a little snoop really fun, and I wish the detective had some kind of bugs to hide around.
He does. Audio logs.
But it would be good to have a live feed-capable device, or a listening device that can spy on a neighboring room.
Owlrich Wrote:But it would be good to have a live feed-capable device, or a listening device that can spy on a neighboring room.
Take a station bounced radio, change the frequency, get a multi-frequency headset, tune it in to the sec frequency and that frequency.
Also you can switch on the wall intercoms while no one's looking. Those things are surprisingly useful and surprisingly underused.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:Also you can switch on the wall intercoms while no one's looking. Those things are surprisingly useful and surprisingly underused.
I do that as an AI but I've never thought to do it as a detective for some reason.

Ideally, bugs would be small subtle items that you could hide or slap onto people's uniforms.
I dunno if it's be a good idea to have those available to the detective at roundstart, but I was thinking it would be cool if the armory contained more Orwellian surveillance tech in addition to extra firepower, for when sec decides to seriously crack down on a particularly slippery villain. Like the audio bugs, or ID trackers, stuff like that.