Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimmick Role Traitor Items
<INTERCEPTED SYNDICATE TRANSMISSION>

Fellow syndicates, I bring great news!

Recently we have observed that NanoTrasen has greatly extended it's access policy, allowing more civilians to enter it's stations--from Inspectors to Governors, Lawyers to Union Leaders, even the Hollywood Actors from their decadent cinema...

With this comes great opportunity for our revolutionary cause. Our top scientists and mechanics have been working on new tools to assist our agents in their subversion actions, each cleverly disguised as an ordinary, innocuous items. Soon these will be field ready, and our victory over the NanoTrasen dogs will be complete!

--

A few ideas for traitor items for gimmick roles, in the interests of causing more chaos in Space Station 13. I'm not incredibly versed in the current roster of traitor items so telecrystal costs are a rough estimate.

Lawyer - Class Action Lawsuit
Description: A hefty wodge of impenetrable text, the Class Action Lawsuit can be used in hand to beat whatever crew member tries to cross-examine you. Causes significant brute damage but has a distinctive noise [borrowed from the noise made when a Lawyer slams a table]. Additionally, it can be thrown to stun and brute damage a crew member, spilling paper which will cause others to slip. However until more paper is added it cannot be thrown again and will do reduced damage.
TC cost: 3-5

Musician - Terror Saxophone
Description: Looks and sounds like a normal saxophone, but when played using the harm intent it causes everyone in the vicinity to uncontrollably dance to the smooth jazz rhythms! [Crew members go through an extended dance animation, maybe as long as the sound clip] If a crew member is hit or shaken during this animation, they snap out of their haze instantly. Has a significant cooldown.

Alternatively, it can work like a hyped-up Sonic Grenade, deafening crew members and shattering glass, with a chance of permanently deafening players and causing bleeding. Depending on the strength it could require ear plugs to be used safely.
TC cost: 4-6

Inspector - The Decomissioner
Description: Looks like an every day rubber stamp but it is endowed with a powerful electromagnetic field which can instantly disassemble any machine or object! Has a significant cool down for this function, but it can also be used against crew members to cause brute damage and concussions.

Alternatively, Red Tape. It can be used to permanently disable machinery and objects [the machines could still be scanned by mechanics] in the blink of an eye. It can also be used to quickly tie up and muffle insubordinate crew members--however there is a limited length of tape, giving about 6 uses.
TC cost: 6-8

Hollywood Actor - Fancy Make Up Kit
Description: A slim black case with various powders and wigs, between this and your honed RADA skills your appearance can be instantly transformed. A new, random appearance is given to you [it is assumed the Actor can also change his voice to match his new identity]. However a new ID will still be needed to fool the AI, and water or a fall could reveal your disguise [make up washes off instantly, a stumble gives a small but significant chance the wig falls off]. 4 uses.
TC cost: 4-6

Regional Director - High-Precision Energy Gun
Description: A weapon much more advanced than the standard NanoTrasen kit, this could only pass muster in the hands of such an "experienced" soldier. Emits a powerful laser beam which cuts through flesh like butter, causing brute damage and massive bleeding. It can pass through several crew members at once, and can also be used as an ad-hoc emag on airlocks by melting their locks. [Basically a thin red line that hurts everyone in its path until it hits a wall or airlock]. For unknown reasons it can fire diagonally...
TC cost: 7-9

--

Roles left that I've not thought of items for: Journalist, Governor, Union Rep, Barber?, Boxer?. Are there more roles I've forgotten? (I've purposely missed out Diplomat and Ambassador on the grounds that the syndicate wouldn't hire non-humans).

Some of these would require custom sprites which I could mock up if people think the ideas are good enough.
Shit, meant to say "can't" fire diagonally on the High-Precision Energy Gun, as I'm assuming that would be too difficult to code.
I like these ideas! More traitors item is always good when you have nothing to do!