Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Programmable Chip for mechanics
My idea is a programmable mechanic component that is made by loading a blank chip into a machine and then specifying in a crude HDL what the chip does. This would save mechanics time and reward clever mechanics by allowing them to resurrect the guts of good ideas quickly each round.

It would be able to take any of the components from http://wiki.ss13.co/User:Supersonic576 under the "Wiring" list and additionally the microphone, sound synthesizer, wifi, wifi signal splitter, powernet networking, and potentially control unit devices from the "Machines" section.

For instance you could specify the component as being a Wifi Component on a given frequency that feeds a Wifi Signal Splitter component and a Signal Builder and another wifi unit to forward a target's PDA messages to you or whatever. The sky is really the limit.
I remember someone making a programmable clock with the current set up. It was like minecraft, in that it took up a huge amount of space. It took up the chapel as far as I remember.
Would this system take all of this, and condense it into one small item? If so that would be rad. I love the logic-gate based systems mechanics make, even though I have absolutely no idea how to make them myself.
Sundance Wrote:I remember someone making a programmable clock with the current set up. It was like minecraft, in that it took up a huge amount of space. It took up the chapel as far as I remember.
Would this system take all of this, and condense it into one small item? If so that would be rad. I love the logic-gate based systems mechanics make, even though I have absolutely no idea how to make them myself.

Yeah it would condense arrangements of the logic type
items into one item with inputs and outputs that feed the whole system. Basically like an FPGA I guess.