Grace Schiff for Head of Suffering
Usual Character Name: Grace Schiff
BYOND Username: Grayshift
Recommended by: One or two HoSes I cannot for the life of me recall the names of right now
Times Available: Most active in the mornings and late at night, per CST

Reason for Application:
I want a hat I can stomp to adequately express my frustration with how amazingly, suicidally idiotic the crew can be at times. That's mostly it. In passing, I may:
- Try to keep morons with guns (officers, the detective and the captain fall into this category) in line. Lethal force or executions are only permitted on human crimers in self defence or with authorization from the captain or head of security. Generally focus on de-escalation of shitfits, catfights, squabbles and tiffs. Make them break it up and use their words rather than chainsaws and toolboxes.
- Prevent excessive vigilante-ism. While to some extent the expectation falls on the whole crew to hinder antagonists, clamping down on the play-to-win funhaters out to ruin any subtle antag preparations keeps things lively.
- Ensure fair brig times. Rarely an issue until someone forgets to set the timer at all.
- Try to run a trial or two. These generally explode and everybody has a good time.
- Devise amusing punishments. Sometimes swirlies are just not enough. Shave the wizard. Make a changeling zoo. Straitjacket and bucklecuff the traitor to a bed and charge the crew to fart on he for a while. Feed them Bo Jacks, or whatever is in the bar. Make them walk barefoot over broken glass. Just executing your criminals is boring for everyone involved. The greatest punishment of all is forcing them to join the force.
- Keep officers in communication with each other. Asking for regular reports/check-ins is the best way to get security to act cohesively, and notice when an officer has been picked off somewhere.
- Keep the stealthy baddies on their toes with a modicum of detective work. For whatever reason, whenever scientists make tank transfer valve or canister bombs, they never think to wear gloves.
- Stop rampages. If an antagonist is playing the wordless, noisy slaughter game, meet it with all force.

Security Experience:
Security was something I avoided for a long time, but of late I've been playing quite a lot of it. Ihave learned the tools and only harmbaton myself on occasion. My typical kit will be a box with three pairs of handcuffs, a flashbang (mostly for monkeys who hide under tables), and the port-a-brig remote (excellent for changelings). A baton and taser set to burst mode. In all honesty, combat is not a strong suit of mine. That's why my primary advice for anyone intending to play security and do well (aka, survive) is this: Get a partner. Another officer is great, failing that you have an application on your PDA to summon the securitrons. Beepsky is a great partner, just learn how to use the secmate program to set people to arrest. Beepsky's eyes and awareness are better than yours. I personally prefer the Robuddies, but that's another story.
I've done a number of things in my time as sec. I've done a bodyguard gimmick, where rather than protecting the station I focused my efforts on saving the life of the first person to pay me. More memorably I've taken a page from Fred Colon's book and decided to wait at the place crime would occur - the EVA Guard, rebuffing attempts to loot EVA as best I could. It rarely worked out as the tide of people would eventually flow around my frantic taserings or I'd run out of cuffs, but the mock screams of frustration as my fortress fell were a lot of fun. Lately I've stepped up my efforts to actually stop some of the more common unimaginative traitor schemes, with some relative success. I've gotten quite good at resetting the AI in a pinch. Recruiting a captured changeling into the force to stop the rampaging wizard worked out beautifully.
Mostly I hope people evaluate me based on my performance and attitude in game rather than what I've written here.

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc):
For the layout itself, being able to put the sec pods back in the hanger would be nice. A secure hanger opener button for sec pods only. Or at very least preinstall locking mechanisms on them. Benefits? The brig is pretty great, I wish more breakouts happened actually. Other sec stuff... Increase the taser clip size to eight shots, with burst fire shooting bursts of three, to make the thing worth half a damn in an actual firefight. Make it so you can't mount segways while handcuffed; if sec gets you into security in handcuffs without losing you to hallways traffic, they've earned a chance to brig you without having to put up with segway inanity. Make the HoS have a fair chance to resist mindslaving. Big risk, big reward, because those shotguns always tear the station to bits, particularly with a buddy who is at least passingly robust, and is especially punishing for the poor officers caught in the crossfire.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): Ate a couple days for being dumb at chemistry some months back.
I've played quite a few sec rounds with you, not half-bad. Better than most who end up corpses on the side of the hallway. That and the fact that you acknowledge communication and partnership as important things for sec is a plus.

Def yes. Most yes.
ya
they're good enough to be given the hat
Yes.
I'm a cop you idiot!
Si
Grace schiff is a solid officer who's worthy of holding the key to Too Many Shotguns.
Grace is a great officer. Who would be a great HOS. Seriously I cannot think of a bad thing about this person.
A good player and a good officer. Support Grace Schiff.
Yes.
I recommended you < mad >.

But yes, definitely.
The only reason I'm not approving this right now is that we're supposed to wait a bit.
totally yes.
Marquesas Wrote:The only reason I'm not approving this right now is that we're supposed to wait a bit.
Grace her with a beret!

I don't ever remember seeing her as anything but an exemplary officer whenever she plays sec.