Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morphine/Anesthetic and Surgery
Currently the medbay is stocked with plenty of Morphine and air tanks filled with what I assume is Nitrous Oxide. Currently, the morphine is rarely used if at all, and I highly doubt anybody uses the Nitrous Oxide.

I propose that use of these items on people in surgery drastically reduces the damage they take from surgical actions such as amputation, limb stapling, and shrapnel retrieval.

It's annoying to have to constantly take people out of crit when they ask for mechanical limbs or something along those lines. This would also future-proof surgery for other things like advanced surgery and augments if that ever becomes a thing.
Sounds good, might also lower/remove the chance of messing up a living patient's surgery (e.g. you're cutting up a butt and the left arm flies off).
This, but have booze do the same thing to a lesser degree.
Booze kinda does the same thing to a lesser degree.

On that note maybe morphine should let you do surgery on yourself too if you're smart enough with doses. Too much and you fall asleep, use enough and you stay pain free long enough to complete surgery.
On a topic that somewhat pertains to this, I saw a guy dip a scalpel in a beaker. What purpose would that serve as far as effects on the surgery?
FloozyBarge Wrote:On a topic that somewhat pertains to this, I saw a guy dip a scalpel in a beaker. What purpose would that serve as far as effects on the surgery?
Not sure what it does now, but one would guess that this injects the user with a bit of the chemical for each use of the scalpel.
Yes, you can poison the scalpel for some prime malpractice points.
I dig this idea. Added it in, plus a couple other adjustments. Lemme know how they work out.
e: oop actually the damage reduction thing didn't work lemme go fix that
e2: okay there. it's not as much of a difference in damage as I would like but it's a start.