Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Not Quite A Bug] Destiny Map Tweak?
Just played a round on Destiny as an Engineer. When attempting to go fix a thing near tech storage, I looked at the goonhub map and saw the fastest route was to go down the PTL Hallway. The PTL seems to have been removed from the map, but the laser-path hallway is now a normal maintenence hallway. "Even easier!" I thought to myself, as I walked down the hall. Lo and behold, the little airlock-ish area that connects medbay to genetics doesn't exist anymore, which means the maintenence hallway ends right there and exits directly into Medbay, which means Engineers can't actually conveniently get to the outside maintenence hallway quickly.

Simplest solution, if this is a problem that needs solving, would be to put that little airlock gate back people can run to the back of the ship's maintenence halls without having to swing up and around through crew lounges.A more complicated one (I don't know how easy map tweaks are) could be to remove the airlocks, move the entire genetics/morgue complex up and left a square, and shunt the maintenence hallway down between genetics and security, exiting right behind the pod bay.

Speaking of Engineer Quality of Life: Engineering doesn't get their own spacesuits, and dont have inherent access to E.V.A. Makes it slightly awkward for the guys whose job involves patching hull breeches. This is comparably mild since in a decently populated round, a head/the AI can grant access, but in smaller rounds or times of rapid crisis, giving the engies more hoops to jump through might be bad.
Just FYI, the PTL was removed because terrible engineers were running it 24/7, or found it hilarious to burn people with it.
done, both the medbay doors and engineering space suits
Thanks Haine.
As another quality of life thing, could we make the Mining area slightly less cramped? The Mining Magnet is currently only accessible through a 1 tile corridor, and magbooted miners are regularly pulling artifacts and crates through there, blocking access. Looking at the map, making that hallway one wider doesn't really seem possible, so how about moving the Arc Smelter into the room formerly used for the PTL and moving the Mining Magnet into the current PTL room, with double door airlocks leading into Mining? The loom, autoloom, workbench, tables full of material analyzers, etc can all go into the PTL room with the smelter while the stuff actually required for mining goes into the old magnet room, which is now a 3 tile wide storage area for equipment and fabricators.
I believe the former PTL room is currently a Courtroom , so that might not work as well. The answer is probably Cargo Teleporter utilization.
How about an additional airlock by the smelter, and sticking a work area by the mining magnet?