Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portabrig Control in Sec PDA
Put the summon/dismiss control function into sec PDA instead of having a single controller for all of sec to share

- Once less inventory item hassle
- Portabrig becomes more useful
- Also easier for Bad People to hijack portabrig for devious ends
YES I love this for the fact that all of security could use it freely and for the fact it's one less item to carry around.
Completely agree to this seeing(if I remember right) there's only one portabrig remote to start with.
Unreservedly yes.
Also yes.
All of my yes.
Yeah, I'm definitely for this. I hate signing up and finding out no one knows where the remote went.
Dr Nipples Wrote:Yeah, I'm definitely for this. I hate signing up and finding out no one knows where the remote went.

oops
Keep the regular remote in though, in case PDA bombs happen.
Also, add a control on the remote application to lock and unlock the port-a-brig from your PDA. Or packet sender application.
Anticheese Wrote:Also, add a control on the remote application to lock and unlock the port-a-brig from your PDA. Or packet sender application.
Oh gosh, that would be a godsend. Having to unlock it up close almost always goes bad without backup.
Locking it the traditional way is a surefire way to have someone push you over and swipe your badge. With a PDA app, officers get a much-needed usability boost to the port-a-brig, and technically-inclined miscreants can misappropriate it.
Dabir Wrote:Keep the regular remote in though, in case PDA bombs happen.

Dabir has a point and it would make for a nice backup plan.
yeah this is a good idea.
Yes.