Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pathology Suggestions
I like the idea of an off-station pathology, less so of a teleporter connecting it. Airbridge would do. I'll talk to cogwerks, see if it's plausible for Cogmap 2.
I don't really like that airbridge idea, it'd break a lot of the medbay design. But I could put an off-station version somewhere as a derelict or as part of a pod/shuttle accessed hazmat lab. Soviet sat, diner, and a bunch of other things in space already provide off-station backups of a bunch of jobs for crime and quiet.
I like the idea of a shuttle leading to the pathology lab that can be easly locked down. You can even re-add the herma nuke to it for extreme cases of pathological outbreaks. Load up all the infected and blow them to hell!

Just remove the pathology room and shove a shuttle there and valah! You have a easy shuttle that doesn't ruin the feel of medbay
Cogwerks Wrote:I don't really like that airbridge idea, it'd break a lot of the medbay design. But I could put an off-station version somewhere as a derelict or as part of a pod/shuttle accessed hazmat lab. Soviet sat, diner, and a bunch of other things in space already provide off-station backups of a bunch of jobs for crime and quiet.

This would be perfectly fine imo, would hate to to have you rip pathology straight out of the middle of medbay and try and rethink the design.
To help keep it fresh, perhaps we could get more quotes for the quotes symptom. Either just more in general or have the round's quotes randomized. One round is Shakespeare, one round is Monty Python, one round is... ect.
cgrn10 Wrote:
Cogwerks Wrote:I don't really like that airbridge idea, it'd break a lot of the medbay design. But I could put an off-station version somewhere as a derelict or as part of a pod/shuttle accessed hazmat lab. Soviet sat, diner, and a bunch of other things in space already provide off-station backups of a bunch of jobs for crime and quiet.

This would be perfectly fine imo, would hate to to have you rip pathology straight out of the middle of medbay and try and rethink the design.

We already have the quantum radio thing and the teleporter in telescience, why not make it a bonus for scientists and radio users.
A second pathogen manipulator would be quite useful as it would let pathologists pool their resources - one working on the pathogen proper and the other researching symptoms. This would, I hope, mean more T3-T5 symptoms and perhaps even the occurrence of a beneficial pathogen now and then as you would be more likely to have someone find the healing symptoms.
Some artifacts should be able to transfer reasonably nasty (or helpful!) pathogens to people.

Also, pathology should be able to order more bottles of pathogen from QM.
Pathogen Scanners:

Like the reagent scanner upgrade for the medical scanner this would slot in and force doctors to choose if they want to see reagents in someone's blood or the DNA of a pathogen residing there.
Erev Wrote:Some artifacts should be able to transfer reasonably nasty (or helpful!) pathogens to people.

Also, pathology should be able to order more bottles of pathogen from QM.

Both of these would be wonderful.