Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghetto construction
I-Sett Wrote:
RAWK_LAWBSTAR Wrote:Ghetto cobbled together crap is the best.

We need a ghetto jetpack though.

Two fire extinguishers lashed together with a couple pieces of cable with a screwdriver and a multitool lashed on as a control.

Oh, and it lacks any oxygen source (foam based travel) so you need to carry a separate oxy/air tank. Because ghetto.
On that note this isn't really a ghetto construction, and probably will compete with the janibow (which is a rad idea), but I really think it would be funny if you could combine the horse mask with the mop to make this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobby_horse_%28toy%29

Clown would probably steal the janitor's mop and a horse mask and ride it around.
I think the downside to these is nobody would really use them. Sure when they are new everyone will try them but is a stun fork significantly easier to make than stun gloves or a zip gun? Is a weird jet pack made of extinguishers easier to make than a regular one is to steal? Is it worth collecting all that stuff to make a pill press when regular pill machines aren't that secure?

The hobby horse is fun and silly and might actually get some use.

I like all these ideas but most of them seem like they don't add anything that isn't already there.

Also, I have one. Knife, wire, and plunger or mop could make a throwable spear. Upon impact the plunger or mop falls off and the knife is shrapnel if it hits a person.
Clearly the answer is to make the premium legit versions harder to steal.
RAWK_LAWBSTAR Wrote:Ghetto cobbled together crap is the best.

We need a ghetto jetpack though.

something like this?
[Image: UU0ATXo.png]
TailorTok Wrote:I think the downside to these is nobody would really use them. Sure when they are new everyone will try them but is a stun fork significantly easier to make than stun gloves or a zip gun? Is a weird jet pack made of extinguishers easier to make than a regular one is to steal? Is it worth collecting all that stuff to make a pill press when regular pill machines aren't that secure?

I like all these ideas but most of them seem like they don't add anything that isn't already there.

Also, I have one. Knife, wire, and plunger or mop could make a throwable spear. Upon impact the plunger or mop falls off and the knife is shrapnel if it hits a person.

The sole reason for using the janibow is hunting gimmicks and arrow gimmicks.

YOU HAVE FAILED THIS STATION. (I think someone already worked on adding an actual bow though)

all the crew needs is hooded uniforms.
For an idea that might make the Janibow used a lot more, but be kinda OP, what if you could combine rods and syringes for syringe tipped arrows.

this would have a risk of failure, like most ghetto weapons.

Failure:
"You jam the syringe onto the rod, but the syringe breaks and you cut yourself." (this has a chance of exposing you to whatever chem you put into the syringe). Imagine trying to make ultra explodey arrows only to gib yourself.

Success:
"You jam the syringe into the rod, this looks safe.. right?"

Areas where this trade off wouldn't be so bad?

Mutagen laced arrows for fighting super nerds.

Arrows laced with antipsychotics for wrestle belt nerds on drugs.

etc.

The syringe tipped arrows should probably not work on armor at all, so mostly it would be for gang weaponry or just someone being an absolute nuisance with flame starting arrows until they get tazed.

other fun arrow options include boxing glove arrow (Boxing glove + arrow) which should have a chance of knocking someone down.

Maybe that's too much of a green arrow reference though.
atomic1fire Wrote:For an idea that might make the Janibow used a lot more, but be kinda OP, what if you could combine rods and syringes for syringe tipped arrows.

Failure:
"You jam the syringe onto the rod, but the syringe breaks and you cut yourself." (this has a chance of exposing you to whatever chem you put into the syringe). Imagine trying to make ultra explodey arrows only to gib yourself.

Success:

etc.

The syringe tipped arrows should probably not work on armor at all, so mostly it would be for gang weaponry or just someone being an absolute nuisance with flame starting arrows until they get tazed.

other fun arrow options include boxing glove arrow (Boxing glove + arrow) which should have a chance of knocking someone down.

If wearing any sort of exo-suit blocked the syringe that might not be too awful.
atomic1fire Wrote:
TailorTok Wrote:I think the downside to these is nobody would really use them. Sure when they are new everyone will try them but is a stun fork significantly easier to make than stun gloves or a zip gun? Is a weird jet pack made of extinguishers easier to make than a regular one is to steal? Is it worth collecting all that stuff to make a pill press when regular pill machines aren't that secure?

The sole reason for using the janibow is hunting gimmicks and arrow gimmicks.

YOU HAVE FAILED THIS STATION. (I think someone already worked on adding an actual bow though)

all the crew needs is hooded uniforms.

I will do you one better
[Image: I6TtI5Z.png]
DyssalC Wrote:
atomic1fire Wrote:For an idea that might make the Janibow used a lot more, but be kinda OP, what if you could combine rods and syringes for syringe tipped arrows.

Failure:

Success:

etc.

If wearing any sort of exo-suit blocked the syringe that might not be too awful.

Seems like a good tradeoff.

You could go and grab a firefighter outfit or biosuit if someone was running around shooting people. It's still gonna hurt but at least you're not given death syringes.
atomic1fire Wrote:
DyssalC Wrote:

Failure:

Success:

etc.

Seems like a good tradeoff.

You could go and grab a firefighter outfit or biosuit if someone was running around shooting people. It's still gonna hurt but at least you're not given death syringes.
Firesuit should have say a 25% block, but almost everything else should be 100%, Firesuits are meant to protect against fires, Not being stabbed by high speed syringes.
Pigbear1 Wrote:Firesuit should have say a 25% block, but almost everything else should be 100%, Firesuits are meant to protect against fires, Not being stabbed by high speed syringes.
For the intention of injection. I still think it should cause some brute and all that, but if you're wearing an exosuit there should be no chance it injects you.