Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security Suggestions.
Expand the armory by adding another locker to it that has the old laser guns in it (About 4). Only the HoS can open it and is meant for EXTREME response. Like for Nuke Ops.

Riot Shields:

Not talking about Sci-fi personal force-fields. I am talking about heavy duty, metal, bulletproof shields you hold in your hand. Armory only large items (so you cant store it) Must be held in hand. It works by pressing a toggle (Like a welders mask) When the shield is in your active hand. (Must be active hand) The person using the shield puts it up in front of his face Protecting him of anything shot into his front. Bullets cannot go through it. And it will reduce blast damage up to a certain point.

This will be balanced out though. Since while the person is holding the shield up, it causes them to walk and it only protects from from the 3 tiles in the front of them (The tile right in front. And the tiles to the left and right of that tile) Leaving them slow and vulnerable to someone who rushes past them. Or someone shoots them in the back. You can move again normally when you either toggle the shield off. Or switch your active hand which will automatically toggle the shield off. When just holding the shield inactively, it will protect 1 tile of either you left or right side of your body depending on what arm you're holding it.
Silvercloud29 Wrote:Expand the armory by adding another locker to it that has the old laser guns in it (About 4). Only the HoS can open it and is meant for EXTREME response. Like for Nuke Ops.

Sorry, we removed the free laser weapons from riot storage for a reason.
Must...resist....posting..lengthy...opinion...

In all honesty security is pretty tight these days, it just needs more stream lining.

The camera system as suggested in the AI camera thread if reworked into a map system where you could just click where you want to look would be a vast improvement. There's no use for spying on anything with the current set-up.

The door spying system, while it's WIP, could also do with a bit of spiffing up. It's kinda hard to co-ordinate right now.

The dna/fingerprint could be more streamlined too. Scanning prints and DNA should work like the mechanics pda, in that it uploads it to the data base. That way you could have the detective scanning for multiple prints which would be sent back to records under "investigative reports" in which you could cross check shit rather than someone stating "ASF£RGJO$34tg334g" over sec radio which inevitably gets lost and is a pain in the ass to do. Would mean way more collaboration.

And finally the brig. Well, while everyone says the brig is "fun", I personally think as of now it's a bloated mess. Sure, it's easy to break out of, but it's far too big, impossible to manage, in a hidden corner that nobody pays attention to. Mushroom didn't have this issue as it was open to the hallway, sec was completely centralized and you could have people point and laugh at the prisoners, or even help them escape if they suspected sec of wrong-doing.
I have no real suggestion to this, as it seems cogmap 2 took all of the above into consideration, so I'll just wait it out.
Nuke ops get mentioned a lot when it comes to buffing armory firepower, but honestly whenever nuke ops win it's rarely if ever due to straight-up outgunning the station with superior firepower, and if sec really pulls together and makes use of all the resources it has, it outclasses anything the ops bring to the table. Plus any increase in armory firepower is a double-edged sword that's more likely to be nabbed by an enterprising emagger/wiz than for 'legitimate' purposes. Really the only situation in which lasers straight up beat shotguns are for a rampaging changeling in full abomination mode but that's super rare.

I think more defensive items might be of use but I'm iffy on that riot shield one, even after all the weaknesses described total immunity to bullets seems iffy.
Roomba Wrote:I think more defensive items might be of use but I'm iffy on that riot shield one, even after all the weaknesses described total immunity to bullets seems iffy.
Agreed. Almost all of the non-melee traitor weapons are bullet-oriented, so this seems like it would be utter kryptonite to rampagey traitors. Maybe make it break after a few shots?
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
Roomba Wrote:I think more defensive items might be of use but I'm iffy on that riot shield one, even after all the weaknesses described total immunity to bullets seems iffy.
Agreed. Almost all of the non-melee traitor weapons are bullet-oriented, so this seems like it would be utter kryptonite to rampagey traitors. Maybe make it break after a few shots?

Or have the shield only block shots if you are aiming at the chest or arms leaving the legs and head vulnerable.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:so this seems like it would be utter kryptonite to rampagey traitors.

I'm not seeing the problem here.
The only problem I see with sec currently is that there needs to be a few smaller cells in the brig, to split up the population. Also riot shotguns are more than powerful enough to deal with most threats presented to you as an officer.
Vunterslaush Wrote:The only problem I see with sec currently is that there needs to be a few smaller cells in the brig, to split up the population. Also riot shotguns are more than powerful enough to deal with most threats presented to you as an officer.

I agree more cells would be a welcome addition. I don't really think Security needs more firepower cause in my experience with being caught off with Syndies I've been able to outgun them with only a tasers multiple times.

One idea I have is this. You know how cops have a belt for their gun, tasers, cuffs, etc. I think a sec belt of some kind should be added so we can carry security equipment without it taking more then half of our backpack space. Some would say the box is pretty much does what I am suggesting but it takes a couple of precious seconds to get the box out then switch hands and then click the box to view your items. Just a suggestion, thought atleast it was a idea worth bringing to the table.
Ed Venture Wrote:
Vunterslaush Wrote:The only problem I see with sec currently is that there needs to be a few smaller cells in the brig, to split up the population. Also riot shotguns are more than powerful enough to deal with most threats presented to you as an officer.

I agree more cells would be a welcome addition. I don't really think Security needs more firepower cause in my experience with being caught off with Syndies I've been able to outgun them with only a tasers multiple times.

One idea I have is this. You know how cops have a belt for their gun, tasers, cuffs, etc. I think a sec belt of some kind should be added so we can carry security equipment without it taking more then half of our backpack space. Some would say the box is pretty much does what I am suggesting but it takes a couple of precious seconds to get the box out then switch hands and then click the box to view your items. Just a suggestion, thought atleast it was a idea worth bringing to the table.
you can click drag your box onto yourself to open it without taking it out of your backpack
Quote:you can click drag your box onto yourself to open it without taking it out of your backpack

I should also add that you cannot add a baton or taser to the box.
Marquesas Wrote:
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:so this seems like it would be utter kryptonite to rampagey traitors.

I suppose that, if we can have the explosion-stopping bomb suits, we can have bullet-stopping riot shields. I was just worried that it would make the traitor guns completely obsolete.

One thing, though. Should AP rounds be able to punch through riot shields?
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
Marquesas Wrote:

I suppose that, if we can have the explosion-stopping bomb suits, we can have bullet-stopping riot shields. I was just worried that it would make the traitor guns completely obsolete.

Probably. They can punch through armor, no reason they can't punch through a shield.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
Marquesas Wrote:

It would make sense for AP round to go though a Riot Shield.
Ed Venture Wrote:

I like the idea of a sec belt as you start with a full backpack on signup, and item management is often an issue.