Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notification sounds for AI
It'd be nice if AI players had an option to make the game play a sound when their laws change or when someone says "AI" and "door" in the same line of chat. Sometimes when shit gets boring I go do something else for a few minutes and come back to see a lawyer or something getting increasingly angry in chat because the automatic door opener isn't letting him into tool storage.
I heartily second this, with another suggestion: Maybe let people, through some mechanism I can't quite figure out yet, give the AI some sort of signal that they want a door open. A message would then show up in the chat that says something along the lines of "Joe Pubs is requesting access to Medbay" or something like that. It would then give you a hyperlink-type thing (similar to the way you can click on people's names in-chat and start tracking them) that would automatically open whatever door they've requested! Maybe just make it a shortcut to the "Open Nearest Door To" command, since the person will likely be right in front of the door anyways. That way, you can handle multiple access requests at once without having to fling your view around the station like a madman.

Or just give us a little sound effect, if that's more convenient.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:I heartily second this, with another suggestion: Maybe let people, through some mechanism I can't quite figure out yet, give the AI some sort of signal that they want a door open. A message would then show up in the chat that says something along the lines of "Joe Pubs is requesting access to Medbay" or something like that. It would then give you a hyperlink-type thing (similar to the way you can click on people's names in-chat and start tracking them) that would automatically open whatever door they've requested! Maybe just make it a shortcut to the "Open Nearest Door To" command, since the person will likely be right in front of the door anyways. That way, you can handle multiple access requests at once without having to fling your view around the station like a madman.

Or just give us a little sound effect, if that's more convenient.
The door thing could just be an drop down menu option when a player right clicks on a door. Maybe it makes a doorbell ding dong sound for the AI? Or dang, maybe for everyone so that people in a department could open it.
That old Apple/Mac "Bwoop" sound would be hilarious for this.