Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Escaping the Virtual Combat Area + More [URGENT]
btek Wrote:Well i guess revealing this glitch was a bad idea in retrospect.

Can't believe how fast it spread.

Called it.
I think it should be a sticky that abusable glitches should NOT be posted on these forums and instead adminhelped. Shit like this happens where people want a piece of the pie and want to be 'cool' because they are abusing something in the game. The first time I saw it, it was entertaining but when something happens every round it gets boring and un-fun real fast.
An admin told the person who made this bug report to post it here, so we have to find this admin and BEAT HIM UP FOR BEING A SNITCH.
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:An admin told the person who made this bug report to post it here, so we have to find this admin and BEAT HIM UP FOR BEING A SNITCH.
Well it should be fixed but not announced publicly
Hey guys here's an idea:

Since the exploit is known and it requires access to the weapon simulator and the weapon simulator is an obscure feature that is not required for any job's workload, how about deleting the weapon simulator access points until this is fixed.

A possible way to fix it:

Put the VR world in a separate z-level and hardcode "no you can't leave this z-level by walking off the side" into the code that moves you to a random z-level. Or replace all the space in that z-level with more VR walls.
even simpler fix

at the start of each round, every subsequent tile surrounding the vr world space should be filled by space yetis.

problem solved.
Klayboxx Wrote:
btek Wrote:Well i guess revealing this glitch was a bad idea in retrospect.

Can't believe how fast it spread.

Called it.
that's just rude.
Nightgunner5 Wrote:Rubbish

Or perhaps we could just use someone else's suggestion that doesn't require an inconvenience to everyone.

Preid Wrote:For the time being, would it not be prudent to add another layer of wall to the VR?
I just checked and they are in fact triple thick walls now.
Triple piss walls
mozi Wrote:I just checked and they are in fact triple thick walls now.
I just checked and there are VR people walking around the map.

Welp.
Wow maybe this bug should not have been announced on the forum
Conor12 Wrote:
mozi Wrote:I just checked and they are in fact triple thick walls now.
I just checked and there are VR people walking around the map.

Welp.

this happened because I did a bad thing
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:Wow maybe this bug should not have been announced on the forum
Hey, at least it's this forum and not some random unrelated forum of trolls.
Shit happens.