Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Escaping the Virtual Combat Area + More [URGENT]
One day (Today, 13/1/12), I walked up to the Head of Personnel's office to get botany access and he gives me full access as long as I "Help Him". From the start I thought I was going to go die or break into somewhere. We went down to the VR Room and he told me to go in and follow him, so I did. He led me to the part with the battlefield and the weapons and whatnot. He learned all the spells, added some stuff to his utility slots, put on a space suit and breath mask and held his wizard robes in his hand. He then told me what I had to do. I have to keep walking down (Towards Him) and keep opening and closing a locker he was standing on. Now, below him was the VR wall that separated everything from space. So, I did this and after about one second he literally popped into the wall below him and waltzed on off into space and told me he'd go back and get me. I waited about 5 minutes and sure enough he was back. He told me to set my intent to harm and walk up to him. He did what I did last time and I sure enough went straight into the wall. From this point I flew north with my jetpack and left the z-level and went back down and landed on the mining station. At the mining station I dropped my red space suit and put on the robes and used knock to get back into the station. From there, I used the mining shuttle to get to the main station and went to go get my stuff. As soon as I got to the main station I messaged wonkmin and told him that I found a serious bug (This). With my wizard and traitor powers, I escaped engineering and went to the VR Room to go get my backpack and ID. But, when I entered the room my virtual person disappeared and I returned to my own self outside the Combat VR simulator. All the stuff I had on as the virtual me just dropped and two poo players picked it all up and bounced. I ran around for a bit and then went to the captain's quarters and hid in the locker. That is where I am right now as I am typing this. The one thing about this glitch is that it can probably be used on any wall, using any locker, to get anywhere. The only thing people need is another player. Please fix this! If you need to question me my byond name is RootMeanSquare and in-game I am Seth Urb. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

-Seth Urb
NARC
The thing with these types of glitches is you really shouldn't put them on the forum because Pubbie Joe and his mom are going to abuse the shit out of it. You really should adminPM or something.
I did, I was told to post it here.
Seth Urb Wrote:I did, I was told to post it here.

o ok
welp. Yeah, that's a pretty old glitch.
That's it how dare you rat everyone out. We are coming for you now seth, don't hang around the toilet. That's your only warning.
Hang around the toilet? There is one toilet in the entire station and it's always clogged, why would I even go near that thing?
You may or may not get flushied multiple times for telling on us, especially before we could even try it out.
Fuck I meant swirlie. Well you know you better watch out. :x
For the time being, would it not be prudent to add another layer of wall to the VR?
This can be done to any wall from what I've seen.
Seth Urb Wrote:This can be done to any wall from what I've seen.
I remember being shoved into the wall of mining once. Come to think of it, that's probably not a good feature.
Nightgunner5 Wrote:
Seth Urb Wrote:This can be done to any wall from what I've seen.
I remember being shoved into the wall of mining once. Come to think of it, that's probably not a good feature.

wink
Well i guess revealing this glitch was a bad idea in retrospect.

Can't believe how fast it spread.