Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Syndicate Robot Frames.
They need a bit of a tweaking. Other than being able to see syndicates and only having laws for the syndicates the emag is a much more solid investment. Sure you risk the borg turning on you but thems the breaks.

How about each syndieborgs module behaves just a bit differently? Medical gets an emagged hypo, Janitor gets a beaker (to supplement the 30u bucket and spray bottle) hydroponics can make some bad seeds (radweed?)
Mining gets those hacked mining charges (Not really a big deal, those things are like getting honked at by a clown) Engineering borg is pretty crazy already with being able to hold plasma cans, Chemborg gets a MiniChem dispensers. Brobot gets and amplified vuvuzela.

Bump n' tweak the TC cost as needed I guess.
I... was going to object but you actually make valid points and your ideas are rather fun. The minichem dispenser might be a bit much though if it was limited it might be reasonable. Maybe it could only choose five different reagents to synthesize without going to the dock for a change or relying on a small to middling sized internal reservoir (250-500?) or both.
As-is syndicate frames are not worth the TCs at all, especially since you can straight up emag a normal frame before you put the brain in and get a syndieborg that way.

Assuming that hasn't been changed in the couple of months since I found that out.
Yes, there definitely needs to be more reason to get syndie borg boosts, something to make it worth it.
You know what I miss? Replicants. Back in the day I would make sure to make my Syndi Frames into those. Maybe that can be another unique feature for them?
Frank_Stein Wrote:You know what I miss? Replicants. Back in the day I would make sure to make my Syndi Frames into those. Maybe that can be another unique feature for them?
Give traitor roboticists the ability to make replicants with custom laws and introduce them into the normal population as crew members while slowly building your Terminator army.
That's actually an even better idea altogether. Why muck about making each one unique when you could try to build your own terminator-esque antagonist?

Mind you I don't think the cost should remain at 2 TC if that were to come about. Hell you can even fluff it up a bit by having to add humanoid limbs to a syndie frame, insert a brain into a skull instead of a borg head, put the whole thing together and give it whatfor with synthflesh.

Give it a downside that the identity of the terminator is visible if it gets shocked or catches fire I guess.

Robotocist needs a little TLC.
Syndieborgs are better than mindslaves, plus cheaper too.
Paineframe Wrote:Syndieborgs are better than mindslaves, plus cheaper too.
Well, that depends on your definition of "better", really. Mindslaves may have a time limit and cost an extra TC, but they have one thing that puts them above cyborgs in usefulness: The ability to pick things up. Syndieborgs, while they may be permanently loyal, have a wide arsenal, slightly less conspicuous as most people will just assume that someone's messed with the AI, and be sturdy as hell assuming you've reinforced them like a smart roboticist, have a few noteworthy caveats: They tend to be rather slow, they have very little flexibility, and their direct combat capabilities are rather limited as a result of their predetermined inventory. The closest thing a Syndieborg has to a straight-up "weapon" is the likes of a fire extinguisher or scalpel. While these are fine combat tools, they don't compare to the kinds of things a mindslave could get their hands on if you send them over to sec or lend them some of your gear.