Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make rogue AIs more threatening
I feel like the things that could make the AI more threatening would require massive reworking of various systems. Such as the atmosphere code.
Amuys Wrote:As soon as someone says "rogue AI", people just get their fire extinguishers and wirecutters. Bolted airlocks aren't hard to circumvent, the sarin smoking chemborg on the other hand...
This is basically the problem I've been explaining in one nice little example. Grabbing the reset module and carting yourself to the upload is almost reflexive.
Being able to control bots would be nice--not really more dangerous than it currently but at least it gives the AI player something more active to do. I also think being able to access the buddies via DWAINE terminals without relying on the RD having left himself logged in would be sweet; it's complicated enough that it wouldn't be a go-to action but as it is I rarely see an RD use it themselves anyway.

It's hard to think of other options though that directly relate to the AI. If money were more relevant than being able to siphon or divert wages would be an option, or if payroll allowed you to 'fire' people, for example. But these are larger changes that aren't necessarily better for the game as a whole.
A rogue AI should be able to make the manufacturers and vending machines launch items at people.
A thing here isn't so much the mechanics but a lack of planning.

I once saw someone subvert the AI by hijacking the core and disassembling the upload console. Sort of hard to stop a rampaging AI when you have no idea where it is or any idea on how to reset it.

Bonus points if you do this and leave a bike horn where the old AI core was.