Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More rewards for Blob mode
I've never, ever posted on a forum so I apologize ahead of time for if I posted in the wrong place, bad formatting etc.

I've played quite a few rounds where a blob is called out and the crew rushes to destroy it. I do enjoy the mode and I think it's balanced and fun. But, besides making it cease to exist, there isn't much of a reward for fighting the blob. Because of this, I usually don't feel motivated to scrounge together supplies to fight the blob when it's found, especially if its nowhere near where I'm working.

Here's my suggestion: destroying a blob tile will drop a small item. This "glob of blob" retains the color of the blob it came from and doesn't have much use by itself. However, I've come up with a few things you could do with it:

Put it on your head- The glob could be worn as a hat. Style comes with a price, though: Without internals, this would slowly suffocate whoever wears it.

Cook it - Here's a few recipes I've come up with using the glob item. I'm sure more could be made up:
  1. Gelatin Mold: x3 Globs (stove or mixer?). The sprite would look like a gelatin mold that has a skull inside of it. When its completely eaten, whoever ate it spits out a skull.
[list=2]Loaf of Blob: x1 Glob (stove). Can be used for blobwiches, blob dogs etc. [/list]
[list=3]Peanut butter and Blobby (stove): x2 Bread, x1 Peanut Butter, x1 Glob[/list]
[list=4]Jelly burger: x1 Glob, x1 Dough. "Hey all you people won't you listen to meee?" [/list]

Smelt it - The glob could be put in the arc smelter to make transparent blob bars. It would count as both metal and cloth, making it very valuable to someone wanting to make blob stuff as a trophy. However, as a material it would be very weak and not valuable.

I've worked a little with the code and Byond so I know it can be very limiting, so I tried my best to reduce my ideas to what is possible. Thanks for reading.
I want to be able to cut pieces of the blob off and put it in a terrarium. So long as no one feeds it it'll be good.
Defeating the blob is already round ending. I don't fancy the idea of having the crew divided between blob extermination and blob preservation in order to continually farm blob bits.
Isn't this already a thing, anyway? The last blob I fought left little blob bits lying around, and I'm pretty sure I've seen someone running around with a blob horse mask.