Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Construction Tools orderable from Cargo
The title says it all, Make cargo able to order the tools that you can use in construction so we can build better looking things and paint walls and other such things.
And if you don't get it I mean the tools used in the construction gamemode.
The tools meant for construction mode are too overpowered. There used to be a suggestion for gimmick jobs that would have the construction worker in a normal round, but think about it? A RCD that can hold over 1000 charges? Only costs 2 charges to deconstruct everything? Can make doors that have access blocks? Being able to crate full window/grill configs in seconds? Way too overpowered for normal play.
It'd be a good traitor engineer item as an alternate to the power gloves
Silvercloud29 Wrote:The tools meant for construction mode are too overpowered. There used to be a suggestion for gimmick jobs that would have the construction worker in a normal round, but think about it? A RCD that can hold over 1000 charges? Only costs 2 charges to deconstruct everything? Can make doors that have access blocks? Being able to crate full window/grill configs in seconds? Way too overpowered for normal play.
It can hold 1000 charges, it doesn't start with 1000 charges. In construction mode (unless they changed it) you start with 2 100 charge packs. There are 100 more charges on the station to start.
Mechanics can already make access restricted doors.
I hardly see how making window/grille constructions quickly is overpowered.
Silvercloud29 Wrote:The tools meant for construction mode are too overpowered. There used to be a suggestion for gimmick jobs that would have the construction worker in a normal round, but think about it? A RCD that can hold over 1000 charges? Only costs 2 charges to deconstruct everything? Can make doors that have access blocks? Being able to crate full window/grill configs in seconds? Way too overpowered for normal play.

Forgot about the Deluxe RCD actually, That one MIGHT be a little OP to keep, But the other ones like the markers and window makers? Hardly OP.

this argument really doesnt hold water when construction borgs exist.
Dr_Bee Wrote:

this argument really doesnt hold water when construction borgs exist.
To be fair, borgs also have to recharge periodically and are bound by laws.
DyssalC Wrote:Mechanics can already make access restricted doors.
I don't think they can. Been a few weeks since I tried but I think reverse-engineering an access restricted door just gets you a public door with the name and sprite of the access-locked one.
Dabir Wrote:
DyssalC Wrote:Mechanics can already make access restricted doors.
I don't think they can. Been a few weeks since I tried but I think reverse-engineering an access restricted door just gets you a public door with the name and sprite of the access-locked one.
Really? Damn. Maybe it's just a bug?
Sorry, the construction tools will not be available in normal mode for the aforementioned reasons of overpoweredness.

Additionally, due to complications with variables, it is currently impossible to create blueprints of doors with access restrictions. Sorry.