Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central Authority Updates for Mentors/HoSes
Simple, I'd think that only having the mentors/HoSes do this could prevent abuse, yet still use the messages for important/funny (mostly funny) posts.
It'd be by having some kind of 'malfunctioning' console in the bridge that only accepts said user's IDs, instead of every head, but I'm completely fine with it being different!
just make every head allowed to do it but give it a cooldown/character limit

all these suggestions for more mentor/HoS features is just gonna make every goofball apply
Carlarc Wrote:Simple, I'd think that only having the mentors/HoSes do this could prevent abuse, yet still use the messages for important/funny (mostly funny) posts.
It'd be by having some kind of 'malfunctioning' console in the bridge that only accepts said user's IDs, instead of every head, but I'm completely fine with it being different!

Other servers manage to have this without abuse, They don't even have a cooldown though so on those it is possible to spam, I would put a 120 second cooldown on it.
Assuming the heads can behave themselves, yeah it will work fine.

If they can't just give them a job ban or worse.

They can already alter the status display with their pdas.
To be honest, I see no reason not to have a limited player-(ab)usable station-wide announcement system thing.

I don't even think it needs to be whitelisted.
Put it in the HoP's room. This sounds exactly what the HoP would use, and the captain to abuse. I support of this, and I agree that it shouldn't be whitelisted. Head only should suffice.
This would make advertising HoP gimmicks considerably easier.
Having this for the AI would be good too (presumably just make sure the AI can access the machine in HoP's office).
Clown should have access to this too
I guess I made this happen and didn't move this thread. Oops.