Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traitor Item: Pathogen Bottles
The new pathology system is cool and all, but I almost never see it being used unless some admin decides to give the crew a Shakespeare disease or some shit. I have not yet seen anyone mix up a nasty helldisease and pathology itself is empty most of the time even on a populated round.

So let's provide some incentive for pathology to be used!
Cost: 1-2 TCs each
The pathogen bottle is kind of like the poison bottle, but instead of deadly poisons you get pathogens of varying lethality and transferability. This gives folks who want to cripple the station with clown flu or something a head start and maybe makes people who don't want to die honking actually use all that nice pathology equipment. You can either use the pathogens to make a designer bug more easily or just inject it into some poor sap and let things go from there.

So what do you think? I would personally like to see pathology more integrated with the rest of the goings on on the station, and this is what I came up with.
Is pathologist even a job choice right now? I mean if you're the MD you're stuck saving dummies who lit themselves on fire all round.
This would be an excellent idea. Each bottle could hold a minimum of a T4 or T5 symptom and a transmission symptom with its stats tweaked to be somewhat slow but effective. Your traitor in a hurry could inject it right then and there and the pathologists would have something to cure. Or if the traitor is a pathologist themselves it'll give them more material and better symptoms to work with more quickly so that a killer T5 virus can be released within a reasonable timeframe to be a danger.

Do to the ability to buff the pathogen in the bottle I'd say 3 TC is probably a better cost. Might we also see the Great Mutatis Cell in these bottles?

Also nice would be a reliable way for a traitor to make himself an asymptomatic carrier while his disease passes on the symptomatic version to those he is around.
TailorTok Wrote:Is pathologist even a job choice right now? I mean if you're the MD you're stuck saving dummies who lit themselves on fire all round.

Pathology is available right now to anyone with Medbay access. There are a handful of us that can make pathogens reliably and a handful more that know how to cure them. The reason you don't really see anyone down there much is that there isn't much to do unless you are a traitor.

There ARE like 3-4 healing symptoms but you'd need to be lucky to find those and get them into the general population in a timely manner. The time invested into such a feat is high, the reward is iffy, and when you look across the monkeypens you can see the geneticists popping out super mutations every round. It rarely seems worth chasing those good pathogen symptoms after that.
Marq said the mutatis cell is going to be something he adds in later once he ties pathology into more things or something.

I'm pretty fine with this idea but a t5 for 3 tc is uh, ridiculous. t4 at maximum and probably not transient imo.
At any rate its pretty easy to get a tier 4 and 5 onto a pathogen within 30 minutes.