Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geneticist's PDA DNA scanner not working
When you try to access people's DNA that you've scanned using the PDA, an error message comes up--can't remember the exact text right now--and you're unable to look through their potential mutations or work on them. This is pretty bad as it just gives more incentive to stay holed up in Genetics and keep the injectors for yourself.
I concur. Being able to mosey around the station smacking people with gene scanners then going "JOE MCPUBS, YOU'VE WON THE GENETIC LOTTERY" like some kind of game show host was one of my favorite parts of being a Geneticist. Maybe make it an upgrade you can research?
What? You mean scanning people isn't supposed to be utterly useless?
TailorTok Wrote:What? You mean scanning people isn't supposed to be utterly useless?
Seeing as it's literally the only thing a Genetics PDA has, (they don't even have a health scanner? what's the deal?) then I'd hope it would be useful. Before, you could smack people with your PDA, and their genetic data would automatically be transferred to the genetics consoles, where you could research them without keeping them hostage in the scanner for minutes on end. However, you couldn't actually ACTIVATE any of the genes without the person there, so if you find someone with a really awesome mutation, you can call them down to genetics to receive their awesome mutation. It was pretty sweet.
Well I'm assuming we don't need to argue about it being included, I was more mentioning the social aspects of it to stress it being an important fix.
The scanner is also messed up. It seems to run on a different air system and sometimes monkeys suffocate in there. It also reads unconscious subjects at full health as "dead or dying". I started running internals on all the monkeys.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:I concur. Being able to mosey around the station smacking people with gene scanners then going "JOE MCPUBS, YOU'VE WON THE GENETIC LOTTERY" like some kind of game show host was one of my favorite parts of being a Geneticist. Maybe make it an upgrade you can research?

Or maybe just fix it, that would be cool, nobody needs anything taken away and made an "upgrade" that would be more annoying than adding upgrades to the health scanner.
I just wanna help my spacefriends!
Also the PDA scanner is, or at least was, the only way you can work on gene research without slowly depleting the scanners oxygen levels and bringing yourself closer to summoning the pure essence of vaccuum that will prevent you from putting a single thing into the scanners without internals, lest they pass out and die.

For the love of god, please fix one or the other. Or both. Preferrably both.